$49,90
      Hero:
      $5,00
      SB:
      $10,05
      BU:
      $25,85

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 9:spade:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) 3:diamond: , 5:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Turn: ($2,00) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

River: ($2,50) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $2,50

098799: I think I read about you saying that raising from BB when SB open limps would be good and I was amazed by the result, it's so high FE against unknown at this limit. But I'm posting this hand since I'd like to find out how to play the hand in case you get called. Would be a contibet here a good line against check or such a min/donkbet on flop?
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi burek2000,
      I like you adjusting your play to higher limits and better opps,I`m trying to do the same a little.
      I think we should continue our preflop aggression with cbet in most of the cases,but it depends on board ,your image at the table and how often opp folds to cbet ( fold to cbet andt wts).I don`t like this particular flop because you can only imitate overpair,flop with high card would be much better.This donk bet I would treat as check in most of the cases,but you need reads about this play- does he often bets like that or it`s an exception,maybe he plays his monsters in such way trying to disguise his hand.Turn-you should fold ,continue play when you have made hand or decent draw.Think what can you beat?with Q high.
      Generally I think we should continue preflop aggression,but also not every opp we should raise preflop when he completes SB,good portion of them likes limp with pretty good hands. From my little experience I recommend you play some BSS on microlimits and learn something about this play (articles,hasenbraten`s videos,hand evaluation coaching on Monday).You need some more postflop skills in higher limits and more understanding what your opps doing.And stats, because on higher limits you have to play more your opp not only hole cards. BSS+stats actually helped me to understand NLHE deeper and improved my SSS game.
      Good luck and fortunately I don`t play on FTP now. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Thank you, dallievas, for all your posts(also in other threads).

You are right about BSS helping with SSS, I also read and reread all the BSS articles I have access to with my silver status and implement some of it into my play. But I never tried BSS though. ...mostly due to the BRM. :)

The other thing is the stats, I only few days ago got my license for PS Elephant and I was amazed how useful it is. For now I'm using it for review of my sessions, searching leaks in my game, things I'd like to know more about etc. And I'm going to try the HUD too, but for now there's no use since I have to build up my database first.

And about FTP, most of the players are not so good, they're just tight and hard to beat with SSS and it's for this reason I'm recently posting some more hands on forum, because I have to do some implementation with my game, specially if I want to multitable without changing the tables every 3 minutes for being profitable.

It's nice to see players with advanced approach to SSS and more extensive replies on forum from which you can learn a lot, since most posted hands are just a question of basic SSS.
      Bronze
      I usually bet normal 4bb+1 from blinds. Also with such complete/raise battle.

And bet pot on the flop since it's pretty much the only way to win this hand. If got reraised, just fold (better not to show them your Q9 - then your fold equity might be completely gone).