[NL2-NL10] NL25, AQs

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 5 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:heart: , K:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,25) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $5,25

What to do on turn/river... ...my SSStrategy ends when I have trash and my contibet gets called, should I consider firing second barrels or maybe am I already commited and should've pushed... ...need some help with this kind of postflop situations.
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      Nice hand with some exceptions.On tight tables and with good image you can raise AQ more early as you did (especially 8 handed),but I think no need to overraise preflop,do as you always do,standard raise.Good ops can pay attention to unusual betting pattern.Cbet on such flop is ok,K actually helps,but FD is present.I would bet 1/2 pot size or betwen 1/2 and2/3.Coach said in one of coachings,that opps in microlimits tend to call bigger cbet,than 1/2 pot size. Look at his WTS and fold to cbet. On turn which not helped you,you playing pot control (check behind,c/f if he bets) and river is bad for you,have only A high+flush on board,what can you beat? maybe bluff?? so folding is the best option.You can call sometimes such little bet with good pair (pp or II pair,tpwk).
      Good luck. :)
      Dellievas pointed it quite nicely, pay a bit more attention to the position while raising with worse hands like AQ, KQ, 99 and so on. I don't think this is a fold - i raise AQs from utg+2 - just keep standard ranges in mind.

Good laydown on the river, I'm afraid.