Hand history in XML - Looks like Chinese to me?

• ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      As the online hand history of the Poker 770 client doesn't work for me, I decided to save it to my computer, giving me an XML file. This looks pretty much like Chinese to me, except that I like the Chinese characters better (they look nicer). I can't use this on any converter I could find so far, and there is no possible way on earth in which I am going to understand this. Any advise?
  • 8 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Do you mean the characters show up as gibberish or that you don't understand the XML language/format?
    • ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      I think the second, although it still looks like gibberish to me :(
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      If you have an app like PokerTracker or Hold'Em Manager, those should be able to convert these XML files to something readable.

It's absolutely no shame if you don't know XML by the way. It's just a way of describing data. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you ;)
    • ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      If you have an app like PokerTracker or Hold'Em Manager, those should be able to convert these XML files to something readable.

It's absolutely no shame if you don't know XML by the way. It's just a way of describing data. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you ;)
      Yet I do not have such an app, and I'd really like to be able to use my own hand history (for example to post in the hand discussion forums here, which I've been wanting to do in multiple occasions today already). So this doesn't really solve my problem.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      It IS possible to use the .xml files to generate a hand history that can be posted in the forums.

However, the task involves cutting and pasting at least two separate chunks of data,

However, HM2 (and I presume Pokertracker) can export the hand for you -- and in PokerStrategy's own forum format.

If you do use HM2, the let me know and I will describe the procedure in detail.

If you have PT, the someone else will have to help there.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ratje2000

Yet I do not have such an app, and I'd really like to be able to use my own hand history (for example to post in the hand discussion forums here, which I've been wanting to do in multiple occasions today already). So this doesn't really solve my problem.
      Hey, does this mean you aren't using any tracking software at the moment? If not then click here to learn more about Holdem Manager If you are not already aware then Holdem Manager is a program that runs while you are playing poker online and it records all the hands you have played and saves them in a (relatively) easy to use database. As you are playing you can mark hands for review to make them easy to find at a later date, it also of course converts your hand so you can make sense of it :D

Holdem Manager also records every bit of information from the hands that have happened while you have been at a table, for example, how often your opponents play a hand how often they raise from each position, how often they fold to a steal, pretty much everything that happens it will tell you in a HUD that pops up over each of your poker tables.

Anyway i think i'm starting to not make sense anymore the best way to discover HM is to just jump in and start using it, they offer a free trial for 30 days too so you don't have to commit to any payments yet.

If you already know about holdem manager then :facepalm: to me, just let me know if i can help you out with anything else :)

Carl
    • ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Originally posted by ratje2000

Hey, does this mean you aren't using any tracking software at the moment? If not then click here to learn more about Holdem Manager If you are not already aware then Holdem Manager is a program that runs while you are playing poker online and it records all the hands you have played and saves them in a (relatively) easy to use database. As you are playing you can mark hands for review to make them easy to find at a later date, it also of course converts your hand so you can make sense of it :D

Holdem Manager also records every bit of information from the hands that have happened while you have been at a table, for example, how often your opponents play a hand how often they raise from each position, how often they fold to a steal, pretty much everything that happens it will tell you in a HUD that pops up over each of your poker tables.

Anyway i think i'm starting to not make sense anymore the best way to discover HM is to just jump in and start using it, they offer a free trial for 30 days too so you don't have to commit to any payments yet.

If you already know about holdem manager then :facepalm: to me, just let me know if i can help you out with anything else :)

Carl
      Thanks a lot mate, I will be sure to check out this software in the morning (I'm a little bit braindead after all I've done today). This does makes me understand some other things I've read in the past.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No problems,

Once you start using HM don't worry if it all looks a bit confusing to start with just ask us in the forums and we will be happy to help you out with anything you are struggling with