So dis is where I sayz 'hai'?

• ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      Hai!

Noob player joining here. Have been playing poker off and on for 2 years now, failing epicly, having no clue what I was doing. Now here to learn the basics and get myself to preferably a profitable playing style. Have been reading quite the strategy guides so far, also working my way through some hand discussion topics which I find to be interesting. Will be playing cashgames mostly, for now that means NL2 and NL4 with a MSS strategy. And well, we'll see where things land, right? Let's just hope it's not in a bankrupt lol.

Greetingz,

Ratje2000 from Holland
  • 5 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey ratje2000

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to PokerStrategy.com

Well just like at an AA meeting the first step is admitting you have a problem :D you realise you have been playing badly and that is the first step to getting better :)

It's good to read that you find the hand evaluations interesting get yourself used to them because you will be spending a lot of time in that part of the forum hopefully, have you been posting your own hands or just reading/commenting on others hands?

What about live coachings have you attended any of those yet? If not, just click on the coaching tab at the top of the site and you will see a timetable of when all the different coachings are, find the one that matches your game type and get yourself along and join in. The coachings are great because you get to see all the theory you have been reading about put into practice and you can ask the coach any questions you may have about any of his hands/plays.

Anyway keep us updated on how things are going, maybe you could start a blog? Also a great way to improve and keep a track of yourself and your growth as a player.

All the best
      Carl
    • ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      Hey there Carl,

So far I have not yet posted my own hand evaluations on the problem, since I can't figure out how to export my hands while not using tracking software yet. 770 poker gives the hand history in XML code, and I don't understand XML code, neither do I know any parser that helps out with XML codes.

So until I've got that fixed, it'll be just checking on hands others post to see if I learn something. Also, yesterday I've attended my first live coaching with Grummeler. Very interesting for me, although I can't really seem to keep up with the speed yet. (It's good to know how I calculate all odds during a hand, but the problem is I'd need 2 minutes for the maths, while in reality, I've got like 10 seconds to decide for a hand.)

I guess it's one of those things that will go better and better in time, when practising a lot. I've already been told to start a blog by 3 others lol, so yeah, I guess I'll be starting a blog shortly, although I don't think of myself as a great writer.

Thank you for your reply.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No problem :)

Ahh i see you're not using tracking software, maybe you should see my other post in your thread in beginners questions :) will save me explaining things again :P

Yeh it will get easier, once you start getting into the swing of things you will read a flop almost instantly and be able to recognise the strength of your hand, how many outs you have and what odds you need pretty quickly just keep at it and soon it will come naturally to you.

Keep us updated

:)
    • ratje2000
      ratje2000
      Bronze
      Yes I read your reply in the other topic, for which you have my gratitude.

Also, at request: My blog. Or at least a start :tongue:
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Goodluck with the blog