Internet strategy in live games?

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Just wondering if it is ok to use the strategies we learn to play online when playing live games with your friends? Or are there some differences and what are those differences? How should we adjust?
  • 9 replies
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      No reply?? No one plays live poker anymore? :(
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi Noz03,

Sorry no one responded to you sooner!

Myself and Pleno1 actually did a quick video about one concept in live play that involved how we play in position vs typical live players.

What we are trying to focus on in this video is isolating the weak players (much similar to online) and generally value betting thin and not going to crazy bluffing.

I would say everything from online can be used when playing live since its basically the same game.

The only thing you have to take into account is that almost every pot is going 4-5 way so making disciplined folds to aggression with marginal hands is important.

The good thing is that most 1-2 live games play worse then 2nl online so if you can beat those stakes you should be able to beat live if your fundamentals are good :)
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      i'd love to watch the video but it seems like it was taken off by YT, any chance to watch it elsewhere?

cheers
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      This video has been removed because its content violated YouTube's Terms of Service.

badass
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi guys,

Apologies for this, we are currently working on a resolution :)

Thanks for your patience,
      Gary
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      damnit youtube!

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      sorry for the late reply, busy week. Yeah it sounds like a great vid, i hope it could be posted soon! Are there any other vids like this relating to live poker? Or any articles? Ive looked around but just a few basic ones mostly just about reading tells and so on. nothing about actual strategy for super loose games.
    • boges1
      boges1
      Bronze
      I´d also like to see it back on line.

i player my first SNG yesterday and i was shockec by how many people went all in, in the first 2 minutes. Much different to poker with friends in a garage somewhere
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Is it not possible to upload the video to the ps.com network? Dont know why it violated youtubes terms but f em, their loss.