This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 JJ positive ev call?

• kenny0503
      kenny0503
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.84)
      Villian (SB) ($6.05)
      BB ($5.64)
      UTG ($3.37)
      UTG+1 ($2.29)
      MP1 ($5.27)
      MP2 ($2.33)
      MP3 ($7.93)
      Hero (CO) ($3.41)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
      5 folds, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, Villian calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.45) 3, 6, 10 (2 players)
      Villian checks, Hero bets $0.30, Villian calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.05) 8 (2 players)
      Villian checks, Hero bets $0.65, Villian raises to $4.25, Hero calls $2.26 (All-In)

River: ($6.87) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $6.87 | Rake: $0.29

Was this the right call?

With the call preflop and on the flop on such a dry board I'm putting him on a Tx hand when I make the call, the raise on the turn makes me think he may have been slow playing a set on the flop. I don't really see two pair as a possibile hand unless its T8.

When I make the call the pot is already bigger than my stack before his raise so I'm getting great odds against the range I give him, but I feel the call was wrong as the only hand I'm ahead of here is AT and I dont think the hand would play that way.

If I give him a range here on the turn of TT, 88, 66, 33, ATs, ATo, T8s, I've got 44% equity but is this ranging right for this spot? and if not what range should I have been using.

Thank you all for any input you may have.

Villian had Qh Qs.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kenny0503,

Why ain't ya having full stack? PokerStars has even the possibility to add it automatically. Add to full stack.

Assuming that it's ZOOM poker they will have a lot better hands in their range which Check/Raise there. I would plan to Bet/Fold it there than go broke vs unknown.

Best Regards.