[NL2-NL10] NL5 QQ vs Utg Open raise

• kenny0503
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.78)
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($5.59)
      Villian (UTG) ($5.34)
      UTG+1 ($9)
      Hero (MP1) ($5.23)
      MP2 ($3.78)
      MP3 ($5)
      CO ($1.67)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q
      Villian bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, 6 folds

Flop: ($0.37) J, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Villian bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87) 10 (2 players)
      Villian bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

River: ($2.17) 2 (2 players)
      Villian bets $1.04, Hero calls $1.04

Total pot: $4.25 | Rake: $0.18

Preflop: At the time I decided not to 3bet for value here as vs unknown utg raise I'm only likely to be slighty ahead of his range.

Flop: With a flush draw possible I still just call mainly as I have the Qs and I didn't want to take away his rope.

Turn: The flush draw hits and probably improved his outs if he's behind at this stage. I call down here with a blank on the river even though he has barreled every street.

I played this hand wrong in every way! I should of 3bet for value preflop, I should of raised for protection on the flop, and I shouldn't have called the river. The only hand I'm beating is AJ or bluff catching. I made my preflop decision on his position and gave him a range, and then proceded to ignore it for the rest of the hand! and the hand he had wasn't even in the initial range I gave him! It wasn't my best play....

Villian had 6c 6s.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello kenny0503,

Preflop: You are against UTG range, so you can't be even sure if you get paid from worse and if you get 4bet you rarely going to know where you stand with your hand.

As played
      Postflop: Raising the flop doesn't make sense cause you ain't getting called from a lot worse. Rather play it way ahead/behind. And on which I would most likely just fold the river. Maybe even earlier on the turn cause there the only hands which we have beat is something like AK/AQ with FD or whatsoever. Which means it wont Bet the river.

Best Regards.