4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($11.63) 116bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($10.87) 109bb
      sirilidion (BB) ($21.38) 214bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) sirilidion is BB 9:heart: A:heart:
      CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, sirilidion raises to $1.20, CO folds, SB raises to $3, sirilidion goes all-in $21.38, SB goes all-in $7.87

Flop: 10:diamond: K:diamond: J:spade: ($32.40, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 6:club: ($32.40, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 8:heart: ($32.40, 2 players, 2 all-in)

SB: hands: 427 VPIP: 26 PFR: 26 AF 2.9 3 bet: 19.4 4 bet: 15.4

There has been alot of 3bet/ 4bet action villian and me. I think villian is certainly capable of making 4-bet bluffs as he has a 4-bet percentage of 15.4 and knows I am capable of 3 bet bluffing in this spot. So far I hadn't made a 5 bet yet in the session. Also calling oop and then reraising looks more like a pocket pair or maybe suited connecters and thought I was either mostly flipping if he called or he would fold his bluff. What woud you think his range is in this spot?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sirilidion,

Well, if you had a lot of history already with him. He assumed you are capable of squeezing loose. Why don't you think he can have a hand there? :) He can even end up there with something like KK/AA which just traps you. I'd rather fold to the 4bet.

Not to talk about that the guy most likely ain't folding AQ/AK here.

Best Regards.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I did amused he could have a hand like AA/KK but also and more likely to be a lot of weak pocket pairs that just calling for sets now don't have the right odds to call and thus turn there hand into a bluff. You not get a 4 bet range of 15.4 %over 427 hands if you are only 4 betting for value . I put him on a range like 22-99 KK+ ( and I did think his range may even include some suited connecters too but I leave then out of the calculation for now. considering that I would think he most likely would reraise hands like AQ+ TT-QQ preflop op and against that range I have about 43 % which isn't bad with the death money already in the pot. Also I never had 5 betted him so far so I would think I at least get some credit for a hand here.

He turned out to have AQo which really didn't make any sense to me at that point why he would want to play it oop or hope I have a hand to squeeze so he can 4 bet. I mostly squeeze here with good hands,broadway blockers,and a lot of A blockers so probably around 20 % against him. So yeah he might have been trying to trap me into squeezing. But even accounting his range mostly isn't tighter then 22-99 KK,AA,AQ+ which I still have 39 % against his preseved range.

Also the 5 bet bluff might have some plus sites that is might be 4 bet my 3 bets less and cal my 5 bets looser. Which isn't bad considering I don't make that many 5 bet bluffs anyway ;)

But maybe you have a good reason why you would think his range is tighter and he always is trapping 4 bet for value despite having a 4 bet range of 15.4 %?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Main reason is with the early history which makes him more likely to trap and even with hands like AQ as which happened. I'd rather tighten up my range here and then see how loose he is calling me down.

We adjust when an opponent adjusts to us.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Geuss I still have to learn when opponents are adjusting against me :)