MP2: $9.35
      CO: $116.43
      BTN: $29.41
      Hero (SB): $38.69
      BB: $32.53
      UTG: $19.19

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: 2 :club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) J :club: 8 :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, UTG+1 calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.25) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.19, UTG+1 calls $3.19

River: ($10.63) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.50, UTG+1 calls $13.50

• 4 replies
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      in short. You are lucky he sucks that bad. guess he had QQ+. don't like setmining oop. because you can hardly ever win the pot without binking a set oop. Probably a leak.

think of it this way. let's suppose he has a superstrong range from UTG , something like 77-AA , AK , AQ ( that's extremely tight imo) . Not only do you risk chances of being coolered ( set over set) becuz well u have 22 and all his pairs cooler your pair if you both bink. Secondly you bink a set , so what.

You need more information like ( is he always stacking off overpairs?? , if not it sucks to setmine oop with no other means to take down the pot. You can't hardly ever bluff cuz his range is to strong.

flop AK2 . he bets you call , turn is 5 you check he checks, river is 9 , you check /bet ( whatever) and he checks or folds. Oops guess he had 77-QQ. Basically think of all the flops he won't put alot of money in. google ' flop odds' and be shocked to see how often an overcard flops if you have hands lik TT, JJ,QQ. Even still there are plenty of low flops he can get away from , like 1 tone connected flops and he doesn't have a flushdraw. like 279hhh and he has like KCKs. If he is still going broke then your villain is lolbad but most of em will potcontrol and even if they suck lose like half a stack and nothing more. There's alot of variables wich don't give you the implied odds which you think you have even versus really nitty predictable players. I could give you an endless stream of examples. 2c7h8h. You CR the flop villain calls turn is Th you bet 3/4 pot , he folds. and the list goes on.

Forget the word setmining and you'll profit more. Setmining is also alot more profitable with fish involved cuz if the pot is multiway and the nit folds u still have a fish to extract value from. HU vs a nit i don't '' setmine' , sure i'll call with a hand like 88 in position , if i have a plan/read/information on my opponent to outplay him postflop. flopping sets is just added gravy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Assuming that he is CBetting a lot of his range here on such a board I would just Check/Raise the flop while we could do that as well with draws. The guy could easily just come over the top. But otherwise not much to comment, pretty standard.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Is such an overbet nice to rep busted FD's? I assume his range is mostly QQ+, QJ,KJ,AJ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Is such an overbet nice to rep busted FD's? I assume his range is mostly QQ+, QJ,KJ,AJ.
      Whatever it is he will very often call us cause we are representing a polarized range.