[NL20-NL50] [FR] NL25 AJo ex.2 28.07.

    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2010 Posts: 3,808
      MP1: $47.76
      MP2: $38.86
      CO: $12.71
      BTN: $8.89
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $15.94
      UTG: $25.70
      Hero (UTG+1): $31.34

      Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with A :heart: J :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.84, 5 folds, BB calls $0.59

      Flop: ($1.78) 5 :club: A :diamond: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25

      Turn: ($4.28) K :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.75, BB calls $2.75

      River: ($9.78) Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks



      B the river?
  • 10 replies
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Silver
      Joined: 16.09.2008 Posts: 309
      Bet fold river like 1/2 or less depends on how elastic his calling range on river is. and giggle if he check/calls AK/AQ. easy fold when raised ( durrrrr).

      you need to watch out in this spot and not miss value by being a pussy. His line looks alot like worse Ax
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Sikac,

      Bet the flop & turn bigger and Check behind the river. :) Way too many hands have us beat and not many hands would have us called there.

      Best Regards.
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Silver
      Joined: 16.09.2008 Posts: 309
      again i disagree. if villains are good enough to fold rivers with worse then this will make you so unbalanced on the river if you chechk hands like this it's ridiculous. If you do bet this rivers the only adjustments a villain can make in this spot is to basically suck out on you. So what? Every time you are not betting this river your river range is going to look ridiculously strong and you'll basically only get calls when you cooler people.

      Somehow someway on PS i see alot of these ' i can't get calls by worse' excuses with hands that have decent value. Even if that's true it makes you superunbalanced and if i was villain i would make you hate life by reraising your turn bets alot. Not to mention if anyone catches up with this tendency he is just going to turn a far bigger portion of his hands into a bluff on river. For example weak Ax, KJ and basically any kind of crappy hands. Knowing you are only betting AK , maybe AQ on the river.

      I hate these tendencies to either check/call ( zomg bluffcatcher!) or check /fold lines ( cuz villain can't ever bluff right). Your flop/turn/river betting frequencies will become way more balanced and hard to play against.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by fortunewheel
      again i disagree. if villains are good enough to fold rivers with worse then this will make you so unbalanced on the river if you chechk hands like this it's ridiculous. If you do bet this rivers the only adjustments a villain can make in this spot is to basically suck out on you. So what? Every time you are not betting this river your river range is going to look ridiculously strong and you'll basically only get calls when you cooler people.

      Somehow someway on PS i see alot of these ' i can't get calls by worse' excuses with hands that have decent value. Even if that's true it makes you superunbalanced and if i was villain i would make you hate life by reraising your turn bets alot. Not to mention if anyone catches up with this tendency he is just going to turn a far bigger portion of his hands into a bluff on river. For example weak Ax, KJ and basically any kind of crappy hands. Knowing you are only betting AK , maybe AQ on the river.

      I hate these tendencies to either check/call ( zomg bluffcatcher!) or check /fold lines ( cuz villain can't ever bluff right). Your flop/turn/river betting frequencies will become way more balanced and hard to play against.
      Hard to comment your post here even, after the sentence "so unbalanced", stopped reading cause it's NL25, you don't need really balancing there. Nobody is going to adjust against you just cause you didn't pick thin value.
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Silver
      Joined: 16.09.2008 Posts: 309
      awsome , you've just proven that it's a valuebet. Unless you don't think valuebetting thin is a good skill to have. Good luck with your winrate ' professional'. So basically if balance isn't an issue than valuebetting thin is the obvious thing to do. sigh

      And it's pretty obvious it's not about balance. You are basically suggesting i'm retarded and I don't understand that balance isn't much of a factor. It's true that it isn't but valuebetting thin is. I think it was a decent post.

      It's not because balance isn't important on 25 nl that you should basically get used to playing unbalanced in situations where valuebetting thinly has the effect of being more balanced and making a thin valuebet at the same time.

      You are arrogant and not open minded at all and you are so stuck in your formulaic approaches to postflop situations. And i can take some heat i don't feel offended i hope you don't either
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by fortunewheel
      awsome , you've just proven that it's a valuebet. Unless you don't think valuebetting thin is a good skill to have. Good luck with your winrate ' professional'. So basically if balance isn't an issue than valuebetting thin is the obvious thing to do. sigh
      Great to hear, I hope that you beat your limits the way you describe.
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Silver
      Joined: 16.09.2008 Posts: 309
      Don't worry about that i don't because i no longer play cuz of time issues. I do however use half my brain
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by fortunewheel
      Don't worry about that i don't because i no longer play cuz of time issues. I do however use half my brain
      Why would I be worried about it? Either you play or not it's not really a big deal for me. Just if you were very good reg, I would highly doubt that you would be dropping poker. ;)
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Silver
      Joined: 16.09.2008 Posts: 309
      easy needle i provided you with the info ahahaha.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Lol good show overhere :D .

      Seems like veriz is winning though

      GOGOGO :s_biggrin: