This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] NL25 87s 28.07.

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      MP1: $25.00
      MP2: $22.13
      CO: $19.53
      Hero (BTN): $60.86
      SB: $59.36
      BB: $23.65
      UTG: $9.05
      UTG+1: $39.42

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 8 :club: 7 :club:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) A :diamond: 7 :diamond: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4.11, CO folds

• 9 replies
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      well you didn't post the most important stat besides CB flop. His open raising range on CO. In general vs a super reg ish range ( he seems like a reg looking at stats) i don't like it at all. Not because you turned your hand into a bluff that's just fine cuz you don't have much showdownvalue anyways. Most turns and rivs will be awfull. I kind of hate doing it on this boardtexture though , it kind of smacks a std regfish CO open range. besides alot of Ax they usally have the occassional suited connector mixed in in LP cuz they think it makes em 'tricky' :)

more technically , if he is opening broadways , the occional SC , any PP , and Axs and Ato+ . this is not a good spot. If the board was rainbow i'd like it better and if it was totally disconnected like A 2 7 rainbow i'd love it. The problem is also that 25% of the broadways being dealt to him will be suited and potentially add a solid FD

You could probably dig into it and figure it all out in pokerstove or flopzilla and it might be EV+ what you did , i honestly think that even if it was it's not a good idea to do it on this flop not only because of the above reasons but mainly you'll feel like ' dang he called i might bluff a 3 flush on the turn( for example). damn he called again ( oh well i'll make him fold an ace) and all of a sudden you are playing for stacks with basically a massive bluff. And in those cases he'll always have A) an ace, B) a flush C ) some unlikely flopped set. While on the disconnected A72 rainbow example , worst case scenario , he calls the flop , and you are done knowing you can't rep any turns anyway and you shut down and being in position you might even get a freecard and bink a 7 or 8 on the river and suck out on him. Not to mention you can turn a straightdraw
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

The guy ain't even playing with a full stack so which means he is most likely a bad player. Assuming that you will rarely have any fold equity there vs him. Raising is kinda waste of money in long run while a lot of his range hit there.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

The guy ain't even playing with a full stack so which means he is most likely a bad player. Assuming that you will rarely have any fold equity there vs him. Raising is kinda waste of money in long run while a lot of his range hit there.

Best Regards.
      So should I even C preflop?
      I dont like to 3bet him since I know from the past that he is especially in COvsBTN 4bet happy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      So should I even C preflop?
      I dont like to 3bet him since I know from the past that he is especially in COvsBTN 4bet happy
      Depends a lot what kind of opponents we have behind us. :) Vs loose guys I'd be happy to play such a hand being also deep.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Shouldn't we just call the cbet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      And what we going to do on the turn? :P Fold?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      If he bets yes :P . But he'll only bet Ax probably
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Guess not really. Think about our perceived range. Do you expect him to fold his pairs or PP (99,TT,JJ or xy) on such a board with such a aggro frequency. Guess you are optimistic :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Such an aggressive guy? NEVER-EVER, he 2nd barrels almost every draw and maybe even looser.