CO: $19.53
      Hero (BTN): $60.86
      SB: $59.36
      BB: $23.65
      UTG: $9.05
      UTG+1: $39.42

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 8 :club: 7 :club:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) A :diamond: 7 :diamond: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4.11, CO folds

• 9 replies
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      well you didn't post the most important stat besides CB flop. His open raising range on CO. In general vs a super reg ish range ( he seems like a reg looking at stats) i don't like it at all. Not because you turned your hand into a bluff that's just fine cuz you don't have much showdownvalue anyways. Most turns and rivs will be awfull. I kind of hate doing it on this boardtexture though , it kind of smacks a std regfish CO open range. besides alot of Ax they usally have the occassional suited connector mixed in in LP cuz they think it makes em 'tricky' :)

more technically , if he is opening broadways , the occional SC , any PP , and Axs and Ato+ . this is not a good spot. If the board was rainbow i'd like it better and if it was totally disconnected like A 2 7 rainbow i'd love it. The problem is also that 25% of the broadways being dealt to him will be suited and potentially add a solid FD

You could probably dig into it and figure it all out in pokerstove or flopzilla and it might be EV+ what you did , i honestly think that even if it was it's not a good idea to do it on this flop not only because of the above reasons but mainly you'll feel like ' dang he called i might bluff a 3 flush on the turn( for example). damn he called again ( oh well i'll make him fold an ace) and all of a sudden you are playing for stacks with basically a massive bluff. And in those cases he'll always have A) an ace, B) a flush C ) some unlikely flopped set. While on the disconnected A72 rainbow example , worst case scenario , he calls the flop , and you are done knowing you can't rep any turns anyway and you shut down and being in position you might even get a freecard and bink a 7 or 8 on the river and suck out on him. Not to mention you can turn a straightdraw
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

The guy ain't even playing with a full stack so which means he is most likely a bad player. Assuming that you will rarely have any fold equity there vs him. Raising is kinda waste of money in long run while a lot of his range hit there.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

The guy ain't even playing with a full stack so which means he is most likely a bad player. Assuming that you will rarely have any fold equity there vs him. Raising is kinda waste of money in long run while a lot of his range hit there.

Best Regards.
      So should I even C preflop?
      I dont like to 3bet him since I know from the past that he is especially in COvsBTN 4bet happy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      So should I even C preflop?
      I dont like to 3bet him since I know from the past that he is especially in COvsBTN 4bet happy
      Depends a lot what kind of opponents we have behind us. :) Vs loose guys I'd be happy to play such a hand being also deep.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Shouldn't we just call the cbet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      And what we going to do on the turn? :P Fold?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      If he bets yes :P . But he'll only bet Ax probably
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Guess not really. Think about our perceived range. Do you expect him to fold his pairs or PP (99,TT,JJ or xy) on such a board with such a aggro frequency. Guess you are optimistic :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Such an aggressive guy? NEVER-EVER, he 2nd barrels almost every draw and maybe even looser.