UTG: $41.67
      UTG+1: $31.96
      UTG+2: $30.93
      MP: $13.58
      MP+1: $25.00
      CO: $10.76

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 8:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.10, 2 players) 5:spade: 8:diamond: T:club:
      Hero bets $2.11, BTN calls $2.11

Turn: ($8.32, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero...?

note: mp open 3x, fold vs mp 7bb

preflop: "standard" 3bet to pick up the monies
      postflop: ???
  • 7 replies
    • fortunewheel
      fortunewheel
      Bronze
      bet turn , lots of equity and not a board i expect him to reraise you with an overpair

checking is obviously not an option after he called the flop. since your oop and he is very likely going to bet big with AA KK QQ or stel it with AQ, AK if he is aggro . I'd bet like 2/3 pot and think about shoving rivers which improve you and maybe on Ace or king rivers. Depends on what range you assign him obv. If he's not shipping the turn i'm very likely turning my hand into a bluff on an ace/king. cuz now his hand looks like showdownbound. maybe QQ Jx . If he shows up with AK on the river just lol hard??
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place vs BTN who doesn't even have a full stack nor doesn't open very weak. 3bb open is pretty strong for those guys.

As played
      Postflop: Against his stack you could as well just Check it but I doubt that it's going to be a huge difference. Just ship it, if he has a hand he is willing to Call you. He wont bluff vs you. :)

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      he's midstack regular who seemed to always open 3bb regardless of hand or position.

i think he was folding to any 3bet when he didn't have anything, as he was apparently folding a lot and once opened 3x and folded to 7bb.
      doesn't seem very solid either.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      he's midstack regular who seemed to always open 3bb regardless of hand or position.

i think he was folding to any 3bet when he didn't have anything, as he once opened 3x and folded to 7bb.
      You think? :D Or you know.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, have to work on assumptions :P

maybe he just smelled a trap or is sick afraid to play oop but i just don't give him credit for being very solid, also was folding quite a lot to 3bets so far.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      well, have to work on assumptions :P

maybe he just smelled a trap or is sick afraid to play oop but i just don't give him credit for being very solid, also was folding quite a lot to 3bets so far.
      You have to know it not just assume. Either by seeing him folding a lot to 3bets or just having the stat. :D
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, i mostly based on the stat actually :D

but low sample still