Useful online poker tell

• Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hello to all.

I just quickly want to bring your attention to a perhaps well known tell for most of you but hopefully some of you will profit from it.

BET SIZING and in particular - Cbet sizing.

There is always at least one opponent on your table who you'll spot Cbetting 80% of the time. 1/2 with air and 2/3 or 3/4 when he has hit. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR EVERY PLAYER. Just keep it in mind and if you spot a guy doing it once or twice he's most likely doing it every time. It is extremely exploitable.

Again every player is different. Hope you make a few extra bucks keeping that in mind.

Gl at the tables

Regards,

Chris
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, at micros people usually have HUGE betsizing tells. i know i do :D

i make some effort to balance vs regs though. vs fish we don't balance obv
    • martins1337
      martins1337
      Bronze
      Sometimes betsizing depends on board texture. cbet less on dry boards and cbet bigger on wet boards.
      but yes. if someone is cbetting 1/2 on wet board and his default sizing is bigger, i'm raising it up :)
      also timing tells can be handy
      Timing Tells
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I think timing tells are bullshit, I can be running to the toilet and my time bank is counting what does that tell you? Do I have a hard decision to make, no I just needed to piss really bad. Also some people just multitable like crazy so they take forever. Some fish will just browse the internet and take forever. yes, there are some situations when timing tells can come useful but I think they happen so rarely that there is no reason to pay that much attention to them. But then again it's all about the small edges and everything becomes important.
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Yes I agree 100% you do need to size your bets according to the board texture, for example AK on a naked A board rainbow there is very little need to protect If you have hit also a smaller bet could be used to see if villain has hit the flop. But many people on the lower limits don't size there bets according to the board texture but rather the strenght of their hand.

About timing tells, you could theoretically use them but i would not overdo it.

If there you are in a big hand you can be pretty sure villain is paying attention to the table even if he is playing on more than 4.

Another thing I just thought of is the Overbet shove turn especially on a dry board. If you are playing against a thinking player it just doesn't make much sense for him to do this with a monster. Why risk losing your guy with an overbet shove on a dry board with the nuts ? Betting the turn and the river makes a lot more sense cause by the river we should be pot commited already.
      Another thing not to use at free will but depending on your table image and the guy you are facing if you spot this kind of thing it could very well be a bluff.
      Watch out for that kinda things.

Regards,

Chris
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Very useful, thanks. I always tailor my cbetting to the board/number of opponents but the amount of an opponents Cbet could prove a useful tell to play back and steal pots where neither of us has hit. Thanks
    • RYCK9966
      RYCK9966
      Bronze
      Don't take it to heart.

Some people are really good at tricking you.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      I think timing tells are bullshit, I can be running to the toilet and my time bank is counting what does that tell you? Do I have a hard decision to make, no I just needed to piss really bad. Also some people just multitable like crazy so they take forever. Some fish will just browse the internet and take forever. yes, there are some situations when timing tells can come useful but I think they happen so rarely that there is no reason to pay that much attention to them. But then again it's all about the small edges and everything becomes important.
      This is only part true. Yes taking long time could be him taking a dump so you can't get much from that, but acting really fast like snap calling lets you know he never even considered folding or raising which kinda defines his range, maybe even more so then bet sizing.

Same goes for some folding situations. Like when you c-bet a TT2 board and a guy snap flods you know he never even thought of bluff raising so that makes it unlikely that his going to c/r paired boards as a bluff in the future.