[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQ blinds , semibluff on flop

• MiRgele
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 6, 8, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, SB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.2) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.2) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.2.
      Opp 17/14/AF 1,8 steal from sb 38, fold to 3b 100 (2), cbet 70 WTSD 42/W at SD 60 hands 214.
      Preflop I don't want to turn my hand into bluff cos his range is wide now and he folds worse hands. I raise flop as semibluff vs wide pfr +cbet range, after call his range should be pp and overcards with fd,I don't think I can barrell him off pp and checking lets me hit one of my outs;
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello MiRgele,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Raise size on the flop is pretty bad, what's the purpose of such a raise? Makes your hand kinda obvious to read cause you would never-ever do that kind of raise with strong hands. Therefore if you even raise the flop at least do it bigger.

Best Regards.
    • MiRgele
      Thanks for nice welcome and evaluation.Yeah , you right , was a bit greedy on that raise :)