[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #45 29.07.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from July 29th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, August 5th at 1 PM GMT.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.01)
      BB ($17.99)
      CO ($24.97)
      Hero ($31.34)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:spade:

CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.70, fold, CO calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.60) K:spade: T:heart: 5:heart:

SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50, CO folds

TURN ($7.60) K:spade: T:heart: 5:heart: Q:club:

SB bets $6, Hero raises to $25.60, SB calls $5.71 (AI)

RIVER ($31.02) K:spade: T:heart: 5:heart: Q:club: 2:diamond:

71/20/1.5 , fold to cbet 14, 44 hands
  • 5 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i dont think i would play it any differently. SB looks fishy so we raise big for value preflop, bet for value and protection from draws on flop and raise for value on the turn. maybe we can flat the turn to keep his bluffs in but i doubt he is ever getting away from any hands so i would play the same.
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      I agree with Dr Dunne. I think I would play the hand the same way. We could possibly raise another bb preflop for value since a guy playing 71/20 is going to call with worse regardless and an open limp from the CO is often the sign of another weak player that wants to see flops.

I like the large bet on the flop 3-way, since fishy villains will most probably call anyways with a FD, gutshot or any part of the board.

Interpreting his donk on the turn is difficult. We've shown a lot of strength and so I doubt even this fishy an opponent is completely bluffing. It certainly seems that the Q has improved his hand and I would say QT, QJ and Qhxh are all in his range here, alongside the completed draws.

A rough range I would put forward is:

Board: Th5hKsQc
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 53.92% 51.79% 2.13% { KcQs }
      UTG+1 46.08% 43.95% 2.13% { JJ, AQs-AJs, KJs+, QTs+, Q5s, J9s+, Qh9h, Qh8h, Qh7h, Qh6h, AQo-AJo, KJo+, QTo+, J9o+ }

I don't think villain's folding anything from that range to a shove (especially given the size of the donk) and with the number of potential draws/pair+draw(s) in his range, there's no option other than to ship the money in IMHO.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Such loose player might have called flop with Q5, QT, FDs with Q and his stack is 75BB, I am not getting away with top two pair. Also it makes less likely that he has KK, TT or 55, because he often would raise the flop to protect from flushdraws. PLus with KK or QQ he might 3bet preflop. So raising is ok I think.
    • zoty79
      zoty79
      Bronze
      Hi,
      it is a interesting Hand.Villain Plays c/c flop and Donk Turn. That´s even for a Fish a stong line. This Type of players often donk the flop with worth Hands. But in this case, i think, he made his straigt, and donks the Turn to get enough value! He is also a passive player.
      I would Maybe fold it here!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

As long we can expect the guy to have a lot worse hands there in his range, maybe even just pairs we ain't able to get away. Also while we have to protect our hand we should just shove the turn.

Best Regards.