[NL2-NL10] Ln2 - Ak

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.20 (110 bb)
      SB: $0.78 (39 bb)
      BB: $7.29 (364.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $3.87 (193.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      MP2: $3.89 (194.5 bb)
      MP3: $0.73 (36.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A K
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB raises to $0.78 and is all-in, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.72

Flop: ($1.64) K 6 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: ($1.64) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($1.64) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $1.64 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: K 6 4 T T
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$0.78 net)
      SB showed A A and won $1.58 ($0.80 net)

The thing i wanted to ask is about calling range for shoving, and i hope to get little deeper explanation from coach. I came back from long poker brake i only played ftp very aggressive 200/400bb 6-max tables, and now i'm trying to learn FR. The problem i'm having is that then people shuw, i barely ever see them with something less then AA/KK, in this situation i missed a note i had on that person that he has done the same thing before with AA. Tilt shoving is one thing, but the only people i see doing this is mostly MSS 12tabling people having nit stats, the vilain with AA had 8/6 stats (200+hands)
      Few days a go i had JJ on BO then a person shoved 120bb stack pre from UTG3, 6/4 stats over 100+ sample, i folded, looked at Equilab, dont mind the fold.
      So the the thing i'm traying to ask is how to deal with those type of situations, at this point i'm so lost in this category that dont see any sense calling any shuw w/o AA/KK, thanks in advance for the time.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

Well, you don't even have any information on the guy. So I would just get it in, he could easily have there a lot worse hands and not only strong made hands.

Best Regards.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Well, you don't even have any information on the guy. So I would just get it in, he could easily have there a lot worse hands and not only strong made hands.

Best Regards.
      Could you read what i wrote - and give me some sort of advice, or meiby some articles, the hand is simple i posted that just because i have huge leak in those spots.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LinasMilius
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Best Regards.
      Could you read what i wrote - and give me some sort of advice, or meiby some articles, the hand is simple i posted that just because i have huge leak in those spots.
      Well, I can't comment anything else there. Nor it's not that easy to tell you a specific range which you can Call. Because it would be just wrong, against different opponents we have different calling ranges. Vs different stacks we have different go-broke ranges as well. What you are looking for is a chart what is telling you what to do in all the spots, but there ain't such a chart. :(

I wouldn't look for any specific articles or videos in that case, not sure if there is even around about this exactly topic. Rather read the articles you get and cover them all not just 1-2. The more you read the more you will understand the game. Unfortunately poker isn't that easy that you can read it like a book.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      "Unfortunately poker isn't that easy that you can read it like a book".
      I'm not completely new to poker, i have putted a lot of time in it, including i have seen and analyzed you'r videos to :) it's not 1-2 for me as you wrote, i have at least played 200k hands in 6-max cash games, but that was past, now majority of my opponents are smarter, and play better then me. I'm trying to learn FR, and i see that it's very tight and very mathematical, that's why i'm asking about it, there should be some logical decision. I don't want to have a spot in game that makes me feel unsure of my actions. The reason i wrote all this in this forum is because i think that you having so much experience could give you'r personal opinion about it.

"against different opponents we have different calling ranges"
      "Vs different stacks we have different go-broke ranges"

I would love to get more information on this, any good articles, videos? i would appreciate that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't want to have a spot in game that makes me feel unsure of my actions

Well, once again you are taking poker too easy. Even the best poker player will have difficult decisions where he could put an opponent on wrong range. You can't be always sure that you are going to be ahead. You will face a lot of those spots where you are unsure, get used to it. :) To be more sure in your game you have to analyze and watch a lot of videos, etc.

I would love to get more information on this, any good articles, videos? i would appreciate that.

As you are really motivated to learn a lot then I would advice to take all the articles. You can't cover such a wide topic with just few articles, a lot more needed than this.

Unfortunately I can't recommend you either any videos cause I mainly watch higher ranked videos. Once I would advice is hasenbraten videos "Crushing NL50". Although they might be kinda old. So just pick new content and start from somewhere. :)