[NL2-NL10] Early Pos. JJ on draw heavy board

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Heya!

In this spot I decided to pot bet it (because there were also 2 players) and try to get it all in, because it is soooo draw heavy board that i thought many players may be willing to invest some money. Plus they were not exactly tight.. Is this thinking right or should I rather check-raise/fold here?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

MP1: $3.54 (70.8 bb)
      MP2: $7.50 (150 bb)
      MP3: $2.77 (55.4 bb) 23/6 - after 79 hands
      CO: $2 (40 bb)
      BTN: $2 (40 bb)
      SB: $1.84 (36.8 bb) 36/0/ - after 47 hands
      BB: $6.17 (123.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG+1): $2 (40 bb)
      UTG+2: $3.97 (79.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J J
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds

Flop: ($0.65) 6 3 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.62, 2 folds

Results:
      $0.65 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: 6 3 7
      MP3 mucked and lost (-$0.20 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.20 net)
      Hero mucked J J and won $0.62 ($0.42 net)
  • 4 replies
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Aaaaaaw I´m sorry veriz:) i accidentally posted here, but it actually belongs to Gerv´s MSS section...please move this post.

And sorry for this additional work:(
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think betting this big is fine on such a board, I do have questions for you regarding what you said in your post:

1* What makes you think check/raising is good on this flop?
      2* What are you going to do when you cBet pot & any of them raise you?

- Gerv
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      1* If I would check raise here, I can get all in with somebody who is trying to build pot for his draw. If the other guys would call also, i would go All In as well. That would also apply to somebody who has like...AKo and one of those cards is a spade.

2* If somebody raises I would go AI here. As I said, I wanted to go all in on this spot because of such draw heavy situation. Since the players were not too tight I think they will draw with lots of hands here. And on top of that - I would get nice odds to call for a pretty big pot in that time.

Sooo....what do you think? Is this kinda right or would you advice something else?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AYuraoA
      1* If I would check raise here, I can get all in with somebody who is trying to build pot for his draw. If the other guys would call also, i would go All In as well. That would also apply to somebody who has like...AKo and one of those cards is a spade.
      You only have 1 guy after you that can bet and I think people betting multiway in this spot is mostly stronger & check/raising is equity wise suicidal. If you use Equilab you can put flushes, some flushdraws & 2pairs+ in there. You can see that your equity is not sufficient

2* If somebody raises I would go AI here. As I said, I wanted to go all in on this spot because of such draw heavy situation. Since the players were not too tight I think they will draw with lots of hands here. And on top of that - I would get nice odds to call for a pretty big pot in that time.
      If I get raised after I bet I snapfold against these loose passive guys because you are only facing flushes from that point on. Having ''nice odds'' does not make any sense if you are just drawing dead & I think people are mostly calling with flushdraws

- Gerv