This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Early Pos. JJ on draw heavy board

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Heya!

In this spot I decided to pot bet it (because there were also 2 players) and try to get it all in, because it is soooo draw heavy board that i thought many players may be willing to invest some money. Plus they were not exactly tight.. Is this thinking right or should I rather check-raise/fold here?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

MP1: $3.54 (70.8 bb)
      MP2: $7.50 (150 bb)
      MP3: $2.77 (55.4 bb) 23/6 - after 79 hands
      CO: $2 (40 bb)
      BTN: $2 (40 bb)
      SB: $1.84 (36.8 bb) 36/0/ - after 47 hands
      BB: $6.17 (123.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG+1): $2 (40 bb)
      UTG+2: $3.97 (79.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J J
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds

Flop: ($0.65) 6 3 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.62, 2 folds

Results:
      $0.65 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: 6 3 7
      MP3 mucked and lost (-$0.20 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.20 net)
      Hero mucked J J and won $0.62 ($0.42 net)
  • 4 replies
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Aaaaaaw I´m sorry veriz:) i accidentally posted here, but it actually belongs to Gerv´s MSS section...please move this post.

And sorry for this additional work:(
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think betting this big is fine on such a board, I do have questions for you regarding what you said in your post:

1* What makes you think check/raising is good on this flop?
      2* What are you going to do when you cBet pot & any of them raise you?

- Gerv
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      1* If I would check raise here, I can get all in with somebody who is trying to build pot for his draw. If the other guys would call also, i would go All In as well. That would also apply to somebody who has like...AKo and one of those cards is a spade.

2* If somebody raises I would go AI here. As I said, I wanted to go all in on this spot because of such draw heavy situation. Since the players were not too tight I think they will draw with lots of hands here. And on top of that - I would get nice odds to call for a pretty big pot in that time.

Sooo....what do you think? Is this kinda right or would you advice something else?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AYuraoA
      1* If I would check raise here, I can get all in with somebody who is trying to build pot for his draw. If the other guys would call also, i would go All In as well. That would also apply to somebody who has like...AKo and one of those cards is a spade.
      You only have 1 guy after you that can bet and I think people betting multiway in this spot is mostly stronger & check/raising is equity wise suicidal. If you use Equilab you can put flushes, some flushdraws & 2pairs+ in there. You can see that your equity is not sufficient

2* If somebody raises I would go AI here. As I said, I wanted to go all in on this spot because of such draw heavy situation. Since the players were not too tight I think they will draw with lots of hands here. And on top of that - I would get nice odds to call for a pretty big pot in that time.
      If I get raised after I bet I snapfold against these loose passive guys because you are only facing flushes from that point on. Having ''nice odds'' does not make any sense if you are just drawing dead & I think people are mostly calling with flushdraws

- Gerv