[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Sb

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.48 (124 bb)
      MP1: $2.21 (110.5 bb)
      MP2: $2 (100 bb)
      MP3: $0.86 (43 bb)
      CO: $1.63 (81.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.75 (87.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T J
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.16) 3 8 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.36) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

River: ($0.80) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

Results:
      $1.52 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 3 8 6 J 8
      BB showed J 8 and won $1.47 ($0.71 net)
      Hero mucked T J and lost (-$0.76 net)

standard? i think that on my river ck a large group of ppl would have betted, it seem so regular for me, but when i realized that i lost 1/3 stack.., so it's better to ask of people who know the best :s_grin:
  • 5 replies
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      I don't really like the way you played the river, checking on the river gave the villain room to try a possible bluff, also you have to consider at least a set with that 8.

Cheers.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tieppofer
      I don't really like the way you played the river, checking on the river gave the villain room to try a possible bluff, also you have to consider at least a set with that 8.

Cheers.
      That person was open showing 55 for 200bbs into empty pots, i don't think it's ok for me to fold 90/95% SB's just because of that, and i think hes type of player that would most like reraise the river, or bet the river with air. Well who knows, i posted the hand to find out :s_grin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

If you assume he is super loose then I'd just Bet myself for value. There ain't like tons of draws which missed. :P But of course we are not folding to such a bet.

Best Regards.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LinasMilius

Cheers.
      That person was open showing 55 for 200bbs into empty pots, i don't think it's ok for me to fold 90/95% SB's just because of that, and i think hes type of player that would most like reraise the river, or bet the river with air. Well who knows, i posted the hand to find out :s_grin:
      Then then things change a little :D
      Still, I don't really like the X/C on the river, like veriz said, a bet for value is the best way.

Cheers.
      :f_cool:
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Then then things change a little :D
      Still, I don't really like the X/C on the river, like veriz said, a bet for value is the best way.

Cheers.
      :f_cool:
      I think there's a bigger chance for maniac to bluff reraise me, the ck gives pot control, i can reevaluate on river + then i check on river i see him bluffing with hes air hands more often. In any case i just had medium one pair hand, and i think that hes river ck/raise ratio vs river bluff is just more often. :s_rolleyes: