This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - 77 calldown

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $1.60
      Hero (UTG): $2.16
      UTG+1: $1.11
      MP: $0.98
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.95
      SB: $4.62

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 7:club: 7:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17, 2 players) 2:diamond: 4:heart: 5:spade:
      BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.33, 2 players) 9:club:
      BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

River: ($0.45, 2 players) A:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Villain was 91/6, albeit over a very small sample of 60 hands, so he could basically have anything, so I figured my sevens were good here. Post-flop he was a very aggressive player. On top of that, he seemed to be rather tilty after losing 2BI in rather quick succession...

So yeah, I think there's no reason to believe behind on the flop here, same on the turn, because the 9 doesn't change much and his bet was very small.

Was it correct to call two streets here against such a loose player? Or would it have been better to just fold there?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

calling down is fine. I would likely raise flop or turn, since I think I have best hand most of the times and I want to protect against overcards. Also if I raise turn I can take my free showdown and consider he bet so small on the turn, you should be ahead most of the times

best regards,