This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3rd at 8k Gtd at PartyPoker

• timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Hehee :D

After my last week first place at 1k Gtd $2 Regular:

I managed to get third place at 8k Gtd $2 Speed-Rebuy:

I'm especially happy now because my bankroll is 4 times bigger than it was last week :D - so huge upswing for me.

Little talk about the tourney:

I went there because it cost only $2 and there were 835 participants, so I thaught there was huge value (lol, actually prizepool went up to 9k or smth). I also like those rebuy events because people are so fishy and if you don't get sucked out you'll win big $$$.

At the beginning of the tourney I made rebuy ($1.6) to 6k chips. Then I got first hand 77 and hit the set on flop, of course I pushed and opponent showed quad tens (lol). Thankfully he didn't have 6k chips and there were more all-in'ers so my chip stack was at 3,5k. Then I was card dead for 20 mins and I had only 6BBs left and I pushed and doubled up. Then I was card dead for another 20 mins and pushed again and doubled. After that I happened to place in tables where 4 players were pushing any two and then re-buying to 6k chips (I saw one guy re-buy for 20 times in a row). I got some chips from then and had twice the avarage chips. Then it was break where I added on 4,5k chips ($1.6). Then I was pretty much card dead, I stole sometimes and busted some short stacks and found my self ITM. After that I got some big hands and was chip leader when 26 guys were left (nevertheless I had 12BBs). From that on I didn't get much cards but go some and found my self now from final table. I didn't get any good hands there and table was really tight because next place would give around $70-$80 more than previous. Happily all opponents busted out them selves and with my last chips I pushed 22 and found KK and got busted outh third.

:D I'm really happy for my results and I'm planning to participate more in those small buy-in tourneys because, as it seems, it is fairly easy to get a good place there.
  • 5 replies