SB: $2.21 (44.2 bb)
      BB: $2 (40 bb)
      UTG: $2 (40 bb)
      Hero (MP): $7.07 (141.4 bb)
      CO: $7.96 (159.2 bb)
      BTN: $1.40 (28 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q:spade: A:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) Q:diamond: 7:club: 9:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20, UTG folds

Turn: ($1.17) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($1.37) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

I have a lot of doubts in this hand.

The BB player is uknown
      The UTG player is: 15/13/6,5/215 (PVIP/PFR/AF/Hands)

The first question is: Was my PF call ok? Or should I raise or Fold?
      i decided to call, because it is not a strong strong hand, and I would not like to play ina 3bet pot with this hand, so my plan on the PF was call/fold

In the flop, I decided do 3bet the mini-raise, to try to understand where I was. That donkbet makes no sense, because the donkbet itself and because the size.
      But maybe the size oh the 3bet should be larger, or not?
      Was the 3bet a good option?

On the turn and river, I just decided to control the pot and have a cheap showdown.

These are the ranges I put the opponents on the PF
      - UTG: 77+,A8s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo
      - BB: TT-22,AQs-A2s,K8s+,Q9s+,JTs,AQo-ATo,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
  • 5 replies
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Calling preflop is OK. You can also 3bet.

I like the raise on the flop. I'd make it bigger though. Pot size is good.

As played I would raise the turn.

You have TPTK and villain will call you down with a lot worse all streets. Therefore you need to value bet your hand and not allow him to get his draw cheaply.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Pre-flop

I'm not a fan of the PF call. This is 6-max. Aggression is key. You're going to the flop without the initiative.

AQs is quite a strong hand here. You also have to be wary that if you just call, you can easily see a villain try a squeeze play behind you, and you have given the BB good pot odds to limp.
      I'm definitely 3-betting, the villain is short-stacked, and I'm happy to go all in pre I think.

Did you have any reads on UTG? Did his play vary by position, or was he just playing his cards? If he's a super-nit SS, you can also fold if you think you're dominated by his range.

My reccommendation is 3b

Flop

Small donk from the BB probably means a small made hand, and he's trying to take the pot. He could also be trying to induce a raise, but didn't follow up with a shove on your 3b, so most likely small hand.

The board isn't particularly drawy yet, but your 3b needs to be bigger. Pot is already 77c if you call, you're only raising 20c from what's already in.

Turn & River

Villain keeps betting small, and one card to a straight is on the board. He's betting so small though that you only need low equity to call.

Problem is, the call pre-flop means we didn't get a chance to test the strength or his range. If he doesn't play position, he could have anything from suited connectors (hitting 2 pair), to overpairs, or even a set.

Seems like he could have been thin value betting (maybe too thin).

What did he have in the end?
    • Kony76
      Kony76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      Pre-flop

I'm not a fan of the PF call. This is 6-max. Aggression is key. You're going to the flop without the initiative.

AQs is quite a strong hand here. You also have to be wary that if you just call, you can easily see a villain try a squeeze play behind you, and you have given the BB good pot odds to limp.
      I'm definitely 3-betting, the villain is short-stacked, and I'm happy to go all in pre I think.

Did you have any reads on UTG? Did his play vary by position, or was he just playing his cards? If he's a super-nit SS, you can also fold if you think you're dominated by his range.

My reccommendation is 3b

Flop

Small donk from the BB probably means a small made hand, and he's trying to take the pot. He could also be trying to induce a raise, but didn't follow up with a shove on your 3b, so most likely small hand.

The board isn't particularly drawy yet, but your 3b needs to be bigger. Pot is already 77c if you call, you're only raising 20c from what's already in.

Turn & River

Villain keeps betting small, and one card to a straight is on the board. He's betting so small though that you only need low equity to call.

Problem is, the call pre-flop means we didn't get a chance to test the strength or his range. If he doesn't play position, he could have anything from suited connectors (hitting 2 pair), to overpairs, or even a set.

Seems like he could have been thin value betting (maybe too thin).

thanks for your help and for Ickki help.

This was a FR table, but at that moment only with 6 players. I was quiting the table.

About his hand, I will post it here, after the evaluation of Veriz :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Kony76,

Preflop: Against such a nitty UTG and his stack we don't have much playability and we are often behind with our hand. Nor wont get paid often enough. Rather fold it. You also have a lot of shorties behind from you wont get much money anyways even if it will be multiway.

As played
      Postflop: Raise the flop bigger and prepare it to go all-in on turn. :) Which means I'd just shove the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Kony76
      Kony76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      Pre-flop

Unbelievable, he had KK ?(