$0.30
      UTG2:
      $0.77
      MP1:
      $1.98
      MP2:
      $2.04

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 raises to $0.09, 3 folds, SB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $2.04, 2 folds, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.51.

Once again, I got 4betted with AKo. Should I call more IP instead of 3bet or should I call the shove? I've seen some Villain going crazy those days. Today, I called (with QQ+) two shoves preflop to find out Villain had TJo and another one had Q9s.
  • 6 replies
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      Your fold here is a huge mistake. You are getting 2.6 to 1 so you need about 38% equity which you have against even the tightest of shoving ranges with AKo.
      One piece of advice: Do not fold AK pre flop against aggressive opponents as it usually a mistake.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Think I'm shoving here, but it's villain dependent. If I know they are super nit, I may fold, but unlikely.

FYI you got 4-betted.

The BB counts as a bet pre-flop.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      FYI you got 4-betted.
      You're right. Thanks.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by autheking
      Your fold here is a huge mistake. You are getting 2.6 to 1 so you need about 38% equity which you have against even the tightest of shoving ranges with AKo.
      I give the average passive Villain in micro (once again, it's NL2) a range as QQ+. I think most of them are passive an call AKo. Some go crazy but I think the trends are more passivity than aggressivity.

Against
      QQ+, AKo has 32% of equity.
      For JJ+ : 36%.
      For QQ+ : 39%.
      All those ranges make the shove EV- since there is the rake.
      So the only way to be EV+ is to have a read Villain shoves looser (imo).
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      Well basically have a plan before you make any move, if you plan on 3 betting then you should always have an idea of what you should do. I think 3 betting and folding to a 4 bet with AKo is a huge mistake since you are turning AK into a bluff.So either just call pre flop or 3-bet/call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

It's totally fine to 3bet/Fold with our hand while we don't want to play AKo in multiway pot and being OOP. If we assume the guy ain't going to shove with a lot worse hands then why not to fold? The equity for us wont be very good either.

If we are against a aggressive guy who could be going broke loose then we are snap-calling it of course. :)

Best Regards.