[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Jj

• prisly87
      prisly87
      Silver
      352 hands vpip:5 pfr:4

Preflop fold?
      And then ugly ugly flop. When you hope he has KK or AA.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $0.58
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.76
      UTG2:
      $0.90
      MP1:
      $4.46
      MP2:
      $2.61
      MP3 (Hero):
      $3.73

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, CO folds, BU raises to $0.35, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.21.

Flop: ($0.77) T, J, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.44, Hero ??
  • 4 replies
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      I don't really like the preflop call here considering those stats, specially considering it is a 4bet (counting the min-raise, ofc).

If you put him on the top 5% range (88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo) your equity is ~60%, but considering the 4bet it's not crazy to put his range as JJ+, AQs+, AKo... in this case your equity drops to 49.4%... I wouldn't call.
    • Washkys
      Washkys
      Bronze
      Wtith this strong 4bet line i think he 90% of the time will have AKs or KK, AA.. In this spot i think you have to desside to fold or shove, but you can't just call.. That would be mistake, if like Turn will drop K or something like that.
      If opponent has AA,KK he will call you on the flop shove, i will hope he's in front.. And i think you have to do it, that's +ev..
    • JimmyChooEsq
      JimmyChooEsq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tieppofer
      I don't really like the preflop call here considering those stats, specially considering it is a 4bet (counting the min-raise, ofc).

If you put him on the top 5% range (88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo) your equity is ~60%, but considering the 4bet it's not crazy to put his range as JJ+, AQs+, AKo... in this case your equity drops to 49.4%... I wouldn't call.
      I think tieppofer has hit the nail on the head. He's only playing the top 5% of hands and has 4bet? I'm putting him on KK+, AK. Walk away and let him have the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello prisly87,

Preflop: You ain't really getting good odds here and often times making just mistakes postflop. Rather fold it here.

As played
      Postflop: What else than go broke? :) Wasn't that the purpose of calling vs his 3bet -> when we hit we go broke.

Best Regards.