Known players:
      BB:
      $13.70
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $19.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.55.

Flop: ($1.7) 3, 4, J (2 players)
      SB bets $1.21, Hero calls $1.21.

Turn: ($4.12) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.94, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.12.

villain 25/18 af 2.1 cbet 75 ftcbet 60 (7.1 3bet) 172 hands

Do you agree with the decision to float IP here vs this guy on that dry board with overs and a backdoor?

I don't think there`s much else i could do on the turn but fold?

Overall do you think is a good idea to float in such a spot?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: Calling here is already kinda close while the guy has super low 3bet frequency, 7% isn't high. Rather very low, especially for that kind of sample. You are more often dominated. Nor able to oveprlay him postflop. Plus his 3bet size is pretty huge. But if you assume he is now 3handed 3betting lighter then calling is considerable.

As played
      Postflop: Although floating doesn't really make sense, epecialyl if you assume he is also going to 2nd barrel it very often. What's the purpose in just calling once and donating money into him this way?

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I did not say i`m expecting him to second barrel often... plan was to just bet the turn if he checks... or maybe call if he makes a small bet on turn if we hit something for our backdoor and bomb any river if he checks or bets small to make any type of J or even QQ to fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      I did not say i`m expecting him to second barrel often... plan was to just bet the turn if he checks... or maybe call if he makes a small bet on turn if we hit something for our backdoor and bomb any river if he checks or bets small to make any type of J or even QQ to fold.
      Well, then I assume rather he is going to 2nd barrel without you saying that he isn't 2nd barreling a lot. :) And betting him to make fold what? There might be even not many worse hands which you make to fold, you are ahead with your Ace high vs any non-made hand, unless it's AK.