[NL2-NL10] SB 9Qo blind steal

• nemorut
      nemorut
      Bronze
      hi man,
      first of all i know that chart recomends to do this move with QT (only) and i had no reads at that oponent....so i should stick to it, but on the other look at that hand i start to think that maybe problem was at sizing those bets....flop is a bit drawy and i had to bet to protect mine hand(?) 2/3 or 3/4 of the pot (maybe pot bet?) to give villain worst odds(?)
      ___that 1/2p Cbet is more or less only for value(?)

OnGame - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

LP: $3.76
      CO: $8.07
      BTN: $4.05
      Hero (SB): $1.36
      BB: $1.52
      UTG: $3.87
      UTG+1: $3.84
      MP: $4.04
      MP+1: $4.30

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 9:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24, 2 players) J:club: Q:club: 4:spade:
      Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.56, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.42, fold

BB wins $0.53
  • 3 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hi,

why did you raise this preflop? Without reads I'd fold it. You are out of position and your hand has a poor playability.

On flop, yes bet more since the board is draw heavy. Would you bet for value like that, let's say with AA? Probably not, because you want value and protection.

Without reads I'd play turn the same way.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      without read fold preflop

CB fine

Turn I prefer bet/fold because his range is still wide so charge FD and if he had Kx or QJ, easy fold after raise.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonchan
      without read fold preflop

CB fine

Turn I prefer bet/fold because his range is still wide so charge FD and if he had Kx or QJ, easy fold after raise.
      Hey Nemorut,

If you do not play with statistics, preflop is a risky play because Q9o looks fine but is supereasily dominated.
      As played I agree that I will 2nd barrel here to turn my pair into a bluff becaues I think giving up is a bit too expensive

Best regards,
      Gerv