Taking notes

• Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      I'd just like to know what kind of notes you take about players.
      I've found this but it's not much. Besides, I guess some info is more/less important for FL than for other formats so notes would be a little different.

What are the biggest leaks we can prey and the most dangerous traps we have to be aware of? For some players you just can't take note of every single strange movement as the note would be unreadable.

Do you take note of single movements or do you wait until you have seen the player repeat them?

Do you use any common abbreviations. I mean for moves, for positions are a given :D Titan popups aren't that big.
  • 7 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I note everything what might help me next time. If someone donkbets as a bluff I note it. If he donks later again I'll tend to calldown and if he bluffed again I add an "I" behind it to know that this note is already a bit more worth. If he does it again it's "II" etc..

Some players do so many weird thing that I just note "unreasonable" so that I know that I can't play logical against him. What this means n details depends on the opponent. I make more detailed notes as well but won't note every single move.

Some players add the date the limit etc. but I'm to lazy for that. All I add is how many people played the hand where the note came from and if he was out of position or in position.
    • Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      Thank you very much.

Do you take different notes for HU play? I mean, do you have "donks turn" and "donks turn HU" notes?

I've seen this article in the Deutsch section. It seems to be about notes (maybe it isn't :P ), do you know if it will be translated?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I just add (HU) or (3-way) behind every single entry.

We are currently translating articles but I can't tell you which and when it will be done. (I don't know it.)
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think it's important when taking notes to say mention if it was HU or multiway.

The more notes you take the easier it is to play against your opponent in the future. I've had long detailed notes on Stars which eventually I've been able to shorten to something easily readable because I've got to know my opponents tendancies very well.

btw, the note taking facility on Titan is rubbish.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerHammer
      True. I think I will use the Elephant note system when playing at Titan as this can only be better. :D
    • Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      True, though it's the only one I know. But I won't use Elephant until it's really stable as I'd lose my notes every time I have to rebuild my db.

Another question: What notes do you take about preflop game?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Elephant is stable and the developers said that new dbs are not necessary anymore (until SnG are integrated which can take a long time). You can excport the notes too.

I note with what my opponents limp/3-bet or if they raise trah while having a low pfr etc..