This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Zoom FR AA

• DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($14.29)
      SB ($8.39)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10.37)
      UTG+1 ($5.50)
      MP1 ($33.53)
      MP2 ($11.68)
      Hero (MP3) ($14.97)
      CO ($5.38)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.65) 8, J, 5 (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, Button calls $1.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($4.35) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, Button calls $2.30

River: ($8.95) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $8.55, Hero calls $8.55

Total pot: $26.05 | Rake: $1.17

I only raise to $.50 Preflop since i don't count the minbet as a raise.
      Should I've played differently?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DucksEatFish,

Preflop: Well, that's a leak if you raise like that. :) Hopefully I wont even have to say why. :D

As played
      Flop: From how many worse hands do you get called? What's your plan if you get 3bet?

As played
      Turn: Seems to be fine but I am very cautious.
      River: What do you beat? Practically everything got there.

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Flop: From how many worse hands do you get called? What's your plan if you get 3bet?

Jx/draws
      3bet/fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nipbourne

Jx/draws
      3bet/fold
      I am waiting for his answer. :)
    • DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      I shall try to improve my bet sizing. In general I'm a bit to afraid to scare ppl away when I have strong hands.

Todays sessions was much better.
      I guess it's Jx Jx hands, straight draws and flush draws, and ofc QQ/KK but I doubt he would flat with any of those preflop.
      If I get 3bet on the flop, I would like to push - it would've helped if I bet bigger preflop to make it less likely he's getting paid off with 55 or something.

And on the river, I agree. I didn't want to call - it was an expensive way to satisfy my curiosity. I'll try to stop.

Thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DucksEatFish
      I shall try to improve my bet sizing. In general I'm a bit to afraid to scare ppl away when I have strong hands.

Todays sessions was much better.
      I guess it's Jx Jx hands, straight draws and flush draws, and ofc QQ/KK but I doubt he would flat with any of those preflop.
      If I get 3bet on the flop, I would like to push - it would've helped if I bet bigger preflop to make it less likely he's getting paid off with 55 or something.

And on the river, I agree. I didn't want to call - it was an expensive way to satisfy my curiosity. I'll try to stop.

Thanks.
      Pushing is going to be overplayed on the flop cause you are very often going to face a strong draw or a trap against which we wont have very good equity.