This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Possible Straight vs Set

• woodzzi
      woodzzi
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $1.92
      Hero (SB): $4.85
      BB: $1.40
      UTG: $2.54
      MP: $2.30
      CO: $1.04

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38, 2 players) Q:heart: J:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.62, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

River: ($1.22, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.44, fold

Correctly played?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      cbet, or c/r flop if you expect him to be some sick ass floater? don't see why you should let him off cheaply, go get that stack

turn and river are karma punishment
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Agree with Tomaloc board is too wet to give free cards and opponents love to draw at many stakes very much 2nl included. I would bet 2/3rd or pot on the flop and definately not go for a check raise here.

I would bet the same again on the turn as although this card doesn't look great only A10 and random flush draws really got there and for the river I guess I check call if the bet is like the one you were against was and check fold to a shove or big value bet on the river.

I think you were right to fold the river BTW as I think that bet indicates that it is straight and is still scared of a flush shove.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think mixing up and sometimes c/r flop is fine, although often is cbet better and then trying to get all-in with nuts. Leading turn yourself is fine, I would c/c his small bet, since I think 9x would not bet that often, Ax is possible, but he may also bet his two pair hands nor trying cheap bluff

best regards,