The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet.

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Hello Community,

I'm pleased to be starting a blog on this forum, I hope it encourages me not only to become a better poker player but to also chat to other people who share common interests as well as people who have very contrasting views or opinions who I may not meet in my normal day to day life. Discussion amongst different minded people is great, since we all have a different view on life so we can learn a lot from each other.

Unfortunately, I haven't accomplished much in my life so far, I'm a underachieving college drop-out who is currently seeking for work. My current aspirations are to find a job (or be able to generate a sustainable income of poker) whilst also spending time furthering my knowledge in subjects I find interesting such as computing, mathematics and game theory. I feel that this blog will help me organise my progress towards any short-term and long term goals which I have.

My current goals are the following:
      1. Find a sustainable source of income.
      2. Study and grind enough to move up to $3 HU SNG.
      3. Create a simple computer program, such as a calculator.
      4. Try to be more healthy.

It feels good to see my goals in front of me instead of trapped in my gold fish memory. Well, this is the first step of my journey, it may be baby feet but if I can take the first step, the other steps should soon follow.

In my next post I'm going to work on how I will aim to achieve the goals I have set, as well as add any more that I can think of. I think a key part in this will include setting myself rewards for each task or set of tasks I complete. For making this blog post, I'm going to watch an episode of Game of Thrones, I've just started watching it and I think it's brilliant so far. If anyone can recommend any decent TV shows, I've literally run out of things to watch over the years.

Peace out folks!
  • 2 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Raknyo,

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try... :) good luck and welcome to our blogs section!
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Hello IngridN,

Thanks for welcoming me to this section.

Well I sat down on the cash tables the other day and preceded to lose my tiny bankroll but fear not, after a day away from the tables, I came back all guns a blazing.

I woke up today, feeling refreshed and full of spunk. After watching another episode of Game of Thrones (brilliant TV show, well recommend) I was ready to do some revision to work on my game. I've got out of the habit of this and I am going to get back into the routine. I've played a good few games today and feel I've played well for the most par but most importantly I am going to review the games I've played tomorrow, I have myself Open Office installed and the first few parts written out so I can jump right out of bed into action tomorrow.

Also continued my job search, applied for another one, cross my fingers that I'll be working soon enough. Or if I could actually make minimum wage playing these SNGs which I think should be do-able if I make it to the $3.50 level, I'd more than happy to grind extra hard for a bit of pocket money.

Feel very pleased with myself today, think I've set myself up to be in a good routine. As long as I can control the demon which is tilt, I should progress great. Think the trick for that is not playing distracted and no cash until my bankroll is big enough to handle the swings.

Peace out folks!