[NL20-NL50] Nl20 JJ

• psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $19.60 (98 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $39.20 (196 bb)
      UTG+2: $56.21 (281.1 bb)
      MP1: $33 (165 bb)
      MP2: $26.07 (130.4 bb)
      MP3: $33.14 (165.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J J
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.90) Q Q A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.95, MP3 calls $0.95

Turn: ($3.80) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.90, MP3 calls $1.90

River: ($7.60) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $7.60 pot ($0.38 rake)
      Final Board: Q Q A T 9
      MP3 showed A 5 and won $7.22 ($3.57 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$3.65 net)

I was trying to imitate that I had Ace and High cards by c-bet barreling, I wonder why it didnt' work out, also I know I played bad but I wasn't sure how I should have played this one...
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Players would not really c/f Ax hands (especially since they limped pf) and since KJ also got there I would prefer giving up and folding against his river bet.

He has there Ax, Qx most of the times and you can´t really make him fold tp hand- so I would prefer just going for value if I have AT or better

best regards,
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Players would not really c/f Ax hands (especially since they limped pf) and since KJ also got there I would prefer giving up and folding against his river bet.

You mean his flop bet, right?

He has there Ax, Qx most of the times and you can´t really make him fold tp hand- so I would prefer just going for value if I have AT or better

Hmm not sure what you mean... can you elaborate a bit more? Thanks in advance.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by psyxxx74

You mean his flop bet, right?

Hmm not sure what you mean... can you elaborate a bit more? Thanks in advance.
      hand history shows that he limped, you raised pf and he called. Flop c-bet generally is fine, but once he calls, he very likely has there Ax, Qx or some gutshot (KJ, TJ). Since he would not fold better hands on the turn I would prefer just giving up and checking back turn to then fold his river bet

Hmm not sure what you mean... can you elaborate a bit more? Thanks in advance
      - since he would not fold Ax or better hands then your turn bet is not profitable (you only get called by better hands)- so I would not bluff that spot, but only valuebet if I have good Ax hand (AT-AK) or Qx/straight/boat.

best regards,