This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH zoom..

• x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.38)
      Hero ($25.42)
      UTG ($39.74)
      UTG+1 ($21.25)
      CO ($12.96)
      BTN ($133)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, fold, fold, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.50

FLOP ($3) K:spade: T:heart: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2, UTG+1 calls $2, SB folds

TURN ($7) K:spade: T:heart: T:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $5, UTG+1 calls $5

RIVER ($17) K:spade: T:heart: T:club: 5:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero bets $17.42 (AI), UTG+1 folds

Hero shows T:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero wins $16.24

villain: 33/17/38a%/36wtsd/60h
      i just saw he has bet river 63 but irrelevant cause sample s.
      So I kinda don't get these spots. If i push it might be too thin, if i bet smaller i'm afraid of getting raised 2 much and having to fold. Or is it just me? Should bet 1/3 of pot?
      Also does ch/c here make any sense rly?
  • 6 replies
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I think he's folding K or weaker T so it's a profitable shove. Slightly bigger bets (like 2.25 and 6 on turn because he has no folding range on that 5) result in a below pot bet on the river which is very 'shovable' :) imo.
    • BruceLee89
      BruceLee89
      Bronze
      I don't like the preflop action, I think you should choos between 4bet or fold. On the flop you should bet bigger because our idea is to bet/bet/push and with your bet sizes it's ok but it could be better; furthermore every time the utg folds the river at least we've taken more money on the flop and on the turn.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      Originally posted by BruceLee89
      I don't like the preflop action, I think you should choos between 4bet or fold. On the flop you should bet bigger because our idea is to bet/bet/push and with your bet sizes it's ok but it could be better; furthermore every time the utg folds the river at least we've taken more money on the flop and on the turn.
      I do believe that preflop if i 4bet i isolate and if i fold it's a bit too weak against 2 fish given the odds.

Still w8ting for some advice though in spots where u bet twice with smth like tptk+ and worse card comes which completes all his draws from the range. I know this should be very player dependent but i would like to know more about this.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello x3mwisp,

I'd most likely start betting the flop already bigger cause if he has any kind of hand he is paying you. :) Then can also easily ship the river.

But now is the question from what do you get called there? QJ also got there so you are rather value-towning yourself vs strong hands. Kx rarely will Call which means we should consider betting it a bit smaller, maybe even towards lower bets like $7-9.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      veriz you told me once in a hand that betting small when the flush comes on the river is the worst option because I'm never doing that with a flush. Doesnt' that apply here aswell? The flop was similar, AJ high and 3 smaller cards (similar in the way that I wanted to extract value from A or J)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      veriz you told me once in a hand that betting small when the flush comes on the river is the worst option because I'm never doing that with a flush. Doesnt' that apply here aswell? The flop was similar, AJ high and 3 smaller cards (similar in the way that I wanted to extract value from A or J)
      Depends a lot against whom we doing that, if rather passive guy then it works out.