Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) T:diamond: Q:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.47, BTN calls $0.47

Turn: ($1.89, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.94, Hero calls $0.94

River: ($3.77, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.88, Hero calls $1.88

Hero mucks J:heart: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Threes) (Pre 72%, Flop 46%, Turn 25%)
      BTN shows 4:club: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Threes) (Pre 28%, Flop 54%, Turn 75%)
      BTN wins $7.03
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

Instead of Checking the turn Bet yourself and don't turn like that into bluff-catcher. It's more obvious that the guy is rather value-betting thin vs you. You could just Bet the turn and easily even Check/Fold it.

Best Regards.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I like the 4xBB raise UTG. I tend to do that UTG and 3x elsewhere, maybe even 2.5x on the BU.

Flop:
      Think I'd bet slightly bigger here. You still need to give your hand protection because you aren't drawing to the nuts, and even and A or K on the turn can make it uncomfortable for you. Plus if the have Ad, you still want to charge them to draw while you have a made hand. You can probably extract bigger value by betting nearer to pot.

Turn:
      I don't feel like the 3 changes much here, unless villain somehow called the flop with bottom pair (maybe a Ad3x), but I can't see it being in his BU range. If he had a set on the flop, he probably would have raised your cbet, so I don't think you need to worry about him coming over the top here. I'd lead out with a turn cbet.

River:
      Absolute brick. Think I'd probably check/call here though because you aren't getting any more value from busted FDs. And given that villain called flop and bet turn, he probably has some kind of hand. Probably not superstrong. Problem is, by giving up the initiative on the turn, you can't come over the top here to rep the flush.

(looking at villain's hand, some strong bets probably would have got him off TP no kicker)