UTG: $2.22
      UTG+1: $3.41
      UTG+2: $1.84
      MP: $2.99
      MP+1: $2.97
      Hero (CO): $2.13

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, MP+1 raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) 5:heart: 5:club: 2:diamond:
      MP+1 bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.71, 2 players) 2:spade:
      MP+1 bets $0.51, Hero calls $0.51

River: ($1.73, 2 players) 4:spade:
      MP+1 bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25
  • 9 replies
    • bssjonny94
      bssjonny94
      Bronze
      1.Raise preflop to $0.36

2. His flop bet could have been a standard continuation bet bluff, so i would have raised since you are probably a head with your over pair.

3.) His second barrel on the turn suggest that maybe he wasn't bluffing but could have an over pair. However there are still loads of hands you beat.

4.) Not really too sure about the river..... maybe wait for one of the hand judges.
    • Friedric
      Friedric
      Bronze
      I agree with bssjonny94 about preflop 3bet, maybe a little bit higher, but it's not the most important part. As you can see in this hand, if you 3bet preflop you would get much more information about his hand and you wouldn't have so hard decision on this board.

Let's see:

- if you 3bet and he folds it's ok, you got some money.
      - if you 3bet and he calls, his hands isn't probably so strong + he made mistake with calling OOP, so he can make mistakes on flop too.
      - if you 3bet and he 4bet, his hand is strong and I wouldn't count for more than coin flip with AK. It would be easy fold for you and still a lot of money in your pocket :)
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Thanks for the opinions! I guess my thinking here is that, if I 3bet him, I'm turning my hand into a bluff. Villain seems like a reasonable player and this is Zoom which is usually very tight, so I imagine by 3betting, he's going to fold AQ and any worse PPs that he has in his iso range. He's obviously going to shove KK+. The only thing he may flat with would be AK, which isn't far behind us in terms of equity and I think even that's unlikely OOP.

Against a fish, I would agree fully and would definitely 3bet.

I agree with your postflop analysis. Really not sure about the river, but maybe given his 6x raise preflop and the fact that he's 3 barrelling, I'm thinking it might be a fold.
    • bssjonny94
      bssjonny94
      Bronze
      I still think a 3-bet would have been useful as you would have had initiative post flop and been able to discount AA/KK since with those hands he would probably raise again or shove thus giving you an easy fold.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      By flat calling QQ I feel like you're missing out on a lot of info. Guy has a tight range, but you're still ahead of a lot of it.

The aim of poker is to get the opponent to put in to the pot when you have the best hand. By 3b here, you're doing it for value, not a bluff. If he has KK+, he is likely going over the top with a 4b, and can call with broadways, like KQ+.

By 3betting PF, you get more info, you know if you're ahead or behind with much more certainty. There are no overcards on the flop, so you're still clueless as to whether he has a hand or not.

Given you called that far, you might as well call again. You're only losing to AA/KK
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      I think because of the wierd raise you have to three bet just to know where you are at. I think there are other good times to go for value and you know teh guys good so don't make life hard on yourself find out where you are in the hand -his raise is MP so you could be good more than you imagine here.

As you played even though I can't really see weaker betting the river on that board I guess I just call as you have no info his bets seem to strong to be thin value with 10 10 JJ though so I expect to be beat on the river a lot here.

What did they have? I guess AA KK or your hand
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate your thoughts!

You guess correctly. He had KK.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cufc37
      Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate your thoughts!

You guess correctly. He had KK.
      A pre-flop 3bet would have saved you a lot of dollar ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cufc37,

Flatting is still fine there but vs his bet sizes I would really reevaluate my hand there. We ain't very strong. We can easily Call the turn but the river might be rather a fold for me instead calling. We don't beat that much there.

Best Regards.