Standard games vs Zoom

• bssjonny94
      Is there anyway that i should change my strategy when playing Zoom poker. For example i've found min raise stealing to be quite effective on the lower stakes (NL2) since people are less inclined to re-steal and more often than not have quick folded or are already check/folding.
  • 6 replies
    • Tomaloc
      - USE A HUD
      - open 100% btn, sb vs unknowns till NL10
      - be loose preflop, tight postflop
    • bennisboy
      Everyone plays much tighter in zoom, so make sure you tighten up your EP raises. Loosen up on the BU and CO, greater implied odds because any openers before then are likely to have big hands.

Steal blinds at every opportunity
    • boges1
      Steal blinds with a min raise. a lot of folk have their fast fold already selected.
    • GraemeDR
      Steal blinds, loosen up per flop as people expect this less, they think everyone is waiting for premium hands. So try and see flops with speculative hands when the price is right, suited connectors etc. if you it chances are you'll be stacking off against premium pocket pair or top pair, so your lower two pair, flush/straight draws don't look so bad, and I'd you tighten up on the flop you might even get to complete your draw on turn or river without paying too much as often everyone is tight post flop because again they assume you've got a pocket monster pair and if they've missed their AK or AQ they don't play at you.
    • mute20
      I really am a terrible zoom/rush player so if you are really passive it is not worth playing at all I feel. I find the edge I get at cash games is immediately lost on zoom/rush, since it can be so random.
    • farbwenz
      what do you guys think of c-bet sizing? given that more players play suited cards and pairs with fit-or-fold strategy, should you adjust your c-bet to a smaller amount?