[NL2-NL10] 6handed JJ in BB pos.

• wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      1 hand before I lost with KK vs AJo in a preflop all in. to a flush.
      Perhaps I was still a little bit tilted but I think I played the hand okay.
      Villain player is a solide tag player who multi tables the nl2 and nl4.

Hand Information
      Holdem NL, 0.02 BB (6 handed)

Table Information
      Seat: 1 RealMaumas ($2)
      Seat: 3 Rononi ($2.55)
      Seat: 5 lastplayman2 ($3.94) Dealer
      Seat: 6 steelman174 ($5) Small Blind
      Seat: 8 HERO ($3.48) Big Blind
      Seat: 10 amkuzen ($2.96)
      Dealt to HERO
      :Jc:  :Js:  

Preflop (Pot:0.03)
      amkuzen    FOLD
      RealMaumas    FOLD
      Rononi    FOLD
      lastplayman2    FOLD
      steelman174    RAISE $0.06
      HERO    RAISE $0.18
      steelman174    RAISE $0.44
      HERO    CALL $0.26

Flop(Pot: $0.97)
      :Qc:  :Kc:  :8c:  

steelman174    BET $0.44
      HERO    CALL $0.44

Turn(Pot: $1.85)
      :Qc:  :Kc:  :8c:  :Td:  

steelman174    BET $1.17
      HERO    RAISE $2.6
      steelman174    CALL $1.43
  • 7 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Can you share your thought process?

Mine goes like this;

Villain raises and re-raise our 3bet. - > strong hand he likes eg AK AA, KK, QQ or a hand he likes to bluff with like A8s A7o or K3o :p

Flop gives KK and QQ a set, AK has a higher pair than us and Axs can have a flush or A7o etc can even have a better flushdraw than us. Our straight-draw does not perform well either after villain shows strength so I have no problem getting rid of our hand.

On a sidenote- Turn - I seem to remember Nutflushdraw and OESD vs a set has 32% Equity or so? At least thats the figure that pops into my head from memory, maybe I'm wrong.

I am interested in preflop, with 100BB's and some 3bet history I would like the idea of a stack off, not sure what to make of this 4bet, might just muck depending on gameflow when deep. Reverse implieds.
    • wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      He did 4bet bluff me before in a earlier hand.
      with this amount 44c like just enough to 4bet. I noticed when he had a strong hand like AA/QQ-AK he would raise bigger. I gues he could do this with Ax or bw/sc. He playes a solide game and I dont see him losing alot at nl2 tbls.
      Good chance he 4bet me because I just lost a big hand to a suck out and thinks im bluffing/tilting..

flop > I call his cbet on the flop again 44c small its less then half the pot and I have the fd. If I hit good chance I have the btter flush.

Turn> after his 2nd barrel I dont think he folds if I shove but because of the OESD and FD and still a small chance he could be on a bluff himself I didnt want to give up and shove.

The river doesn't change. blank.
      I was glad to win the pot.
      He showed AsTc. I was actually a bit supriced he called me wit this hand on the turn.

But I agree give up on a flop like this would be saver next time.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      wow, i hope you made a note on him.

OR/4bet Astx SB, 1/2psb KQ8sss F, 1/2psb/shove Tx T
    • wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      thank you daphunk for your reply and note.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wickytheviking,

Preflop: Raise size here is too small being on the SB as I understand and OOP. Vs 3bb we should do it 4x, especially being deep. And Calling just doesn't make sense. Why would you Call a 4bet being OOP and just letting him see the flop being IP? If you want to continue and did the 3bet for value then get it in.

As played
      Flop: Worst flop to ever Call. You don't have the implied odds, you will never know if you get paid if you hit your flush nor if you are ahead. He could also have A. Just a fold here.

As played
      Turn: Even worse line, your equity isn't good enough here, we should just fold it.

Best Regards.
    • wickytheviking
      wickytheviking
      Bronze
      oke thanks I will next time, btw I played in big blind position vs the sb raise 3bb.

greetings.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Oh sorry wicky, I forgot to say something, I asked what your thought process was to try and give you some insight on how to improve your play next time;

First - If he bet bigger with AA/QQ-AK we can theoretically 5bet our JJ pretty comfortably. Being deep does make it more uncomfortable for us though. Thats on paper I guess, not sure how easy it will be to reraise ingame :)

on Flop you said you can hit better flush. Unfortunately for you, if you do hit a better flush its going to be scary for him to pay you off. Imagine having a lower flush than a J high one yourself when the board has 4 clubs on it. Scary huh?

On turn you mention that he might still be on a bluff. -> I think he could be on a semi-bluff sometimes but its kind of unlikely and those semi-bluffs can even have you beaten. A general rule of thumb is that people are often tighter in these 3bet pot spots than you think and are bluffing a lot less than you think.

Hope it helps :)