This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2SH Zoooooooom Folding AA with 18% pot odds

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.05
      SB: $1.57
      BB: $2.63
      UTG: $1.93
      Hero (MP): $2.35
      CO: $2.48

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with A :diamond: A :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19) 6 :club: 9 :heart: K :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BB folds

Turn: ($0.43) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, CO calls $0.28

River: ($0.99) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, CO raises to $1.34, Hero folds

Villain unknown. normal betsize on flop is 14. 12 is fine in 3 way pot I think.

Turn I became more unsure of my hand because of that Q so did not bet so big. Otherwise would have bet 34 or 36 with the plan of making a huge riverbet for villain to bluff-catch AK on.

River villain instaclickraises giving me amazing odds. I just fold because It just seems too unlikely to me that he can have worse.

Was really difficult for me to fold this despite being convinced I was beat, time-banked it down. Is there a leak in there somewhere? If stressed this hand could tilt me either way, a) I feel too nitty and exploited if I fold. b)If I made the call anyway and lost it would seem like a clear fold and I'd hate myself for making a bad play. c) If I made the call and won I'd either feel like a luck-box or hate myself for contemplating folding. B) is obviously worst but I can see how any of these might send me into proper tilt If I was already stressed for some reason.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: From those position and on NL2 definitely open 4bb.
      Postflop: Bet the flop bigger and otherwise on the river your plan should be Bet/Fold. Cause a lot of draws got there I'd even go for 1/2 Bet size maximum there. It's still ZOOM and people tend to mainly set-mine there only and also JT a favorite hand got there.

Best Regards.