SSS Push or Fold

• SuicideKing
      SuicideKing
      Bronze
      I came across this strategy a few months back and apparently Chris "Jesus" Ferguson turned $1 into $20K by using it. It is fairly simple and includes buying in for 30BB and pushing all in with AA-QQ or AK and folding everything else. I tried this at Everest Poker playing $0.02/$0.02 with 12 tables at once and I actually made a profit over a few days of about $10. What are your thoughts on this strategy? Do you think this could be improved to make alot of money?

Look forward to your comments,
      SK
  • 3 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      SSS stands for Short Stack Strategy, and is recommeded for all beginners to NL Hold'em.

Here, at PokerStrategy, you can learn everything this strategy is about, and you should start here.

It's proven that SSS is a winning strategy, and you can make lots of money with it, you just need patience and discipline.

Good luck learning and playing SSS. :)
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SuicideKing
      I came across this strategy a few months back and apparently Chris "Jesus" Ferguson turned $1 into $20K by using it. It is fairly simple and includes buying in for 30BB and pushing all in with AA-QQ or AK and folding everything else. I tried this at Everest Poker playing $0.02/$0.02 with 12 tables at once and I actually made a profit over a few days of about $10. What are your thoughts on this strategy? Do you think this could be improved to make alot of money?

SK
      yes, just think of how much rakeback you'll get (but only if you are a winning or break-even player) from sss
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SuicideKing

SK
      Just stick to the basic SSS explained here.
      BTW I am familiar that CF had a project like this, but I doubt this are his exact details.The strategy you described is rly -EV.