This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aa Nl10 Sh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is a solid reg at my limits I would say he is a TAG on the nittier side of things.

Flop: I put villain on 22-QQ , AQ at the time, I thought any JX was unlikely given the way I had seen him play (except JJ obv).

I chose to c/c the flop here because:
      1) I only really get value from the unlikely JX or QQ that decided to flat and I am ruling out KK since he will definitely 3b pre. I also didn't expect him to float me from what I had seen of his play.
      2) given his AF I hoped that he might stab the flop or my flop check might allow me to value bet the turn if he checks behind since I showed weakness on the flop
      3) I think I can kind of play WAWB now since the board is dry and my opponent can have JJ/99

Turn: This doesn't really change much unless he has 33 as I don't expect him to have any kind of draw since I hold A :diamond: . I wasn't sure whether to DB/fold the turn or c/c but I thought DB/fold doesn't give villain the opportunity to bluff again on the turn and I can always bet the river for thin value.

River: Initially I had decided to b/f the river for thin value against some weaker PP. When he raises me I know I am beat due to the sizing, plus most players at NL10 wont ever bluff raise you on the river like this. However, since I play against this opponent a lot I wanted to pay to see how he played the hand.

Conclusion: I think that I should just bet FTR for value in hindsight. I think I would have to play b/c F and maybe play WAWB on the T+R if raised on the flop since only JJ/99 beat me on this board.

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): $17.52
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $23.47 solid reg - 13/10/3/6/20/562
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $19.16

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 9:club: 9:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.71, Hero calls $0.71

Turn: ($2.37, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.37, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero bets $1.18, BTN raises to $2.36, Hero calls $1.18

Hero mucks A:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 80%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows 7:spade: 7:diamond: (Full House, Sevens full of Nines) (Pre 20%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BTN wins $6.62
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Well, but why do you Check/Call like that? You just allow him to hit something, just Bet/Bet/Bet. :f_cry: Why would be a 13/10 guy be ever a solid reg? His style doesn't even play profitable I assume, at the best break-even.

His calling range are mainly PPs and they either pay you on the flop or not. They ain't bluffing a lot more there. And as played I'd even Bet/Fold the river cause I rarely doubt that he bluffs there.

Best Regards.