[NL2-NL10] Aa Nl10 Sh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is a solid reg at my limits I would say he is a TAG on the nittier side of things.

Flop: I put villain on 22-QQ , AQ at the time, I thought any JX was unlikely given the way I had seen him play (except JJ obv).

I chose to c/c the flop here because:
      1) I only really get value from the unlikely JX or QQ that decided to flat and I am ruling out KK since he will definitely 3b pre. I also didn't expect him to float me from what I had seen of his play.
      2) given his AF I hoped that he might stab the flop or my flop check might allow me to value bet the turn if he checks behind since I showed weakness on the flop
      3) I think I can kind of play WAWB now since the board is dry and my opponent can have JJ/99

Turn: This doesn't really change much unless he has 33 as I don't expect him to have any kind of draw since I hold A :diamond: . I wasn't sure whether to DB/fold the turn or c/c but I thought DB/fold doesn't give villain the opportunity to bluff again on the turn and I can always bet the river for thin value.

River: Initially I had decided to b/f the river for thin value against some weaker PP. When he raises me I know I am beat due to the sizing, plus most players at NL10 wont ever bluff raise you on the river like this. However, since I play against this opponent a lot I wanted to pay to see how he played the hand.

Conclusion: I think that I should just bet FTR for value in hindsight. I think I would have to play b/c F and maybe play WAWB on the T+R if raised on the flop since only JJ/99 beat me on this board.

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): $17.52
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $23.47 solid reg - 13/10/3/6/20/562
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $19.16

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 9:club: 9:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.71, Hero calls $0.71

Turn: ($2.37, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.37, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero bets $1.18, BTN raises to $2.36, Hero calls $1.18

Hero mucks A:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 80%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows 7:spade: 7:diamond: (Full House, Sevens full of Nines) (Pre 20%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BTN wins $6.62
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Well, but why do you Check/Call like that? You just allow him to hit something, just Bet/Bet/Bet. :f_cry: Why would be a 13/10 guy be ever a solid reg? His style doesn't even play profitable I assume, at the best break-even.

His calling range are mainly PPs and they either pay you on the flop or not. They ain't bluffing a lot more there. And as played I'd even Bet/Fold the river cause I rarely doubt that he bluffs there.

Best Regards.