Talking Heads

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi guys..

Firstly, thanks for all your advice. my poker play is getting more solid and Its all thanks to you guys.

I am not sure if this goes here or somewhere else.

I was playing this table with a lot of talkers. The problem is they like to talk about the hands that folded while the game is live. Is this a good or a bad thing? On one hand, I can eliminate hands I have to be worried about (if they are telling the truth that is) on the other, they are giving my opponents info about what hands I could have. I made a killing but it could be down to old fashion good luck and uber loose players rather than my skill as a player.

I need your collective wisdom. :)
  • 4 replies
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      First of all, they are not allowed to do that!!!!!!!!!!!! But in general I wouldn't pay much attention to it, since people lie a looooooooooooooooooot. I played at an interesting table once, the flop was 10 10 10, and somebody said he folded a 10..... Guess the turn :D :D :D , yep, it was a 10 :D :D :D
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Yeah point.. I have to admit.. they were distracting me from doing what I was suppose to be doing which was paying attention to my opponents and keeping track of their habits and plays.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Odieone
      Yeah point.. I have to admit.. they were distracting me from doing what I was suppose to be doing which was paying attention to my opponents and keeping track of their habits and plays.
      Ask them to be quiet in situations where you need to think. They should respect that.

This is the FL forum. *runs*
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      You can also mute your chat in those situations :)