$6.07
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.63
      MP3:
      $8.57
      CO:
      $3.86

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 6, 6, Q (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) T (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP1 raises to $1.14, Hero calls $0.59.

River: ($3.15) A (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.22, Hero raises to $4.09(All-In), MP1 calls $2.87.

Final Pot: $11.33.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, tens full of sixes(Tc Ts).
      MP1 shows a full-house, aces full of sixes(Ac Ah).

MP1 wins with a full-house, aces full of sixes(Ac Ah).

Unk.

Dry flop, so I decided to float him. He can have many pockets, Ax which he will fold on most of the turn cards.

One of the best turns I could get, unfortunatly he checks and only I could do here is bet for value. He checked raise, what he could play like that? Probably strong made hand, or total air cause he thinks that I'm trying to float him. Call and let him bluff on river.

River is Ace and I thought it's ideal card for me. He could have AQ, AK, A6, maybe AT which should give me all his stack here.

So, should I play something different here?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Friedric,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Your play seems to be fine but I would definitely watch out in those spots while it's ZOOM. And it's by the way not NL2. :P

Best Regards.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Howdy there! Being quite a new fish and knowing and playing only abc poker at NL2 zoom. I would have thought that the correct play here would be to call his preflop raise (maybe) and then after he throws out a continuation bet on the flop (Where with TT we do not have top pair) we would fold.

I was wondering if you could perhaps give your reasoning for first of all calling his raise preflop, and then later again calling his continuation bet on the flop :)

Thanks!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sashalyuber
      Howdy there! Being quite a new fish and knowing and playing only abc poker at NL2 zoom. I would have thought that the correct play here would be to call his preflop raise (maybe) and then after he throws out a continuation bet on the flop (Where with TT we do not have top pair) we would fold.

I was wondering if you could perhaps give your reasoning for first of all calling his raise preflop, and then later again calling his continuation bet on the flop :)

Thanks!
      I can help you here!

Pre-flop it's good idea to call with TT. You have position to your opponent and you have good odds to set-mine. On flop he cbets and there's only 1 overcards (he should hit that board 1/3 times only!), so most of the time he bets he has total air there or even weaker pocket pairs. So folding here would usually mean that you give up the best hand.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Originally posted by Sashalyuber

Thanks!
      I can help you here!

Pre-flop it's good idea to call with TT. You have position to your opponent and you have good odds to set-mine. On flop he cbets and there's only 1 overcards (he should hit that board 1/3 times only!), so most of the time he bets he has total air there or even weaker pocket pairs. So folding here would usually mean that you give up the best hand.
      Thanks for the reply!

Okay great so say he only hits the flop one in 3 times and most likely it is a c-bet, what is our play on the turn if we hadn't hit our set?

Case one : We call is c-bet the turn comes and its a King, villain then checks. Whats our move?

Case two : We call his c-bet and turn comes out with a card lower than 10, say a 5, villain checks what is our move?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze

Okay great so say he only hits the flop one in 3 times and most likely it is a c-bet, what is our play on the turn if we hadn't hit our set?

Case one : We call is c-bet the turn comes and its a King, villain then checks. Whats our move?

Case two : We call his c-bet and turn comes out with a card lower than 10, say a 5, villain checks what is our move?
      Well, this goes more to strategy conversation and the way we play always depends on opponent. If our opponent is weak, and he bets only once with draws and air, we should bet turn ourselves.

Your cases: Well, if K comes and he doesn't bet it usually looks like the guy has given up there. So we could definitely bet there and hope to see cheap Showdown. But if guy decides to bet or he c/raises us, then it's fold with TT if you play ABC.

And in case 2 we would plan to bet/fold turn and check-back the river, if we are in position.

If you want to talk more about strategy you can add me as friend here and send me private messages, I'm more than delighted to answer you. You can also post your own hands to be analyzed here!