Reads on players and are they correct?

• C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      How do you get your reads on your opponents?

1. Do you multi table and use a HUD?

2. Do you play 1 game at a time and observe?

3. Do you colour code and take notes?

4. If you colour code do these colours change as you observe more?

5. What is a sufficient number of hands to consider your read solid?

6. What is the sufficient number of games and hands to consider your read solid?

Thanks for the discussion

Cowboy
  • 4 replies
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      Play as many tables as you can and still pay good attention. For most people this is probably 1-4 tables. First try to put players into categories like TAG, LAG, Passive Fish, Aggro Fish, Nit so you have a general idea how they're playing so you can play back appropriately. Then go for more detailed notes, like say you open on the btn and an unknown fishy type player calls in the blinds and the flop is like Q83dd, you cbet and he just calls with Axdd or some flush draw/gutter I would make a note there and give him the Passive fish label so I could comfortably fold anything that's not at least two pair if that spot or a similar one arises. I consider it a solid read the hand I observe it unless I have some doubts about it, if I'm unsure about the read i'll put a "?" after it until I can confirm it.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by C0WB0Y
      How do you get your reads on your opponents?

1. Do you multi table and use a HUD?

2. Do you play 1 game at a time and observe?

3. Do you colour code and take notes?

4. If you colour code do these colours change as you observe more?

5. What is a sufficient number of hands to consider your read solid?

6. What is the sufficient number of games and hands to consider your read solid?

Thanks for the discussion

Cowboy
      #1 Hud is pretty much a must this days.
      #2 That kinda sucks for volume and at least some multitabling is required to maximize your hourly.
      #3 Obv its really helpful to colorcode at least the regs and consider everyone else a fish once you play on a site long enough to have most regs tagged.
      #4 Ofc they do. If you tag someone wrong because of a small sample your simply change the collor
      #5 Depends on a read. VPIP/PFR can tell you if his a fish in less then 20 hands. His river c/r stat might take 50k hands.
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Shitloads of notes
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      C'mon guys this is a learning forum you can do better than that! What kinda notes? How many hands are sufficient in your opinion to have a solid read and over how many games.

Work with me here! LOL

Cowboy