HM 2. Worth it?

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I currently have HM1. It's a good piece of software, and effective.

HM2, I was part of the public beta, but remember it running awfully and causing my laptop to freeze for minutes at a time during sessions. Causing me to lose hands and tilt.

Do you guys know if it has been optimized better now? And does it still have a high number or bugs?

Any opinions welcome
  • 3 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Stick with HM 1
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      It has 30 day trial, do not buy without testing it.
      My thoughts is that it's not worth it, it's slow, it uses a lot of RAM and I have a good laptop so don't be like "oh, your PC is probably shit"
      I actually got it for free when I bought HM1, if I had paid for HM2 I would be so mad. I from February was using PT4 beta, but the beta ended so I went back to HM2 and I hate every moment, already I'm running into problems like HUD flashing, it crashing, being super slow etc.
      PT4 uses like 5 times less RAM it's much faster, it has a lot more cool features, building HUD is super easy, marking hands while playing is a lot easier, for me HM2 takes like 10seconds to mark the hand while playing and while multitabling it's impossible when tables keep popping up. HM2 takes for days to load and even closing it sometimes takes time, I can open HM2 and PT4 at the same time and check all my stats in PT4 before HM2 has loaded. If you have a super beast PC then you might not feel that it is slow, but I have I would say better than average laptop and I have problems.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I thought that might be the case.

I'll give the free trial a go when I can be bothered. It annoys me because the beta showed me that it was great software with great features, but just so poorly optimised. When HM1 can run as well as it does, and HM2 is so slow... Come on developers!

And I know what you mean about eating up RAM, the beta just became more and more bloated in the memory when running it, until it would freeze my pc :/

Thanks for the feedback guys.