[NL2-NL10] nl2 AQ

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($2.09)
      Button ($3.84)
      SB ($1.87)
      Hero (BB) ($2)
      UTG ($2.51)
      MP ($2.71)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
      4 folds, SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, SB calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.48) A, 8, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.34, SB raises to $1.63 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.16 | Rake: $0.04

he was playing pretty loose 63/25
      Thought i should have checked the flop as he had a Ax in his range- also snap called my 3bet

Sorted it!
  • 5 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I don't get this hand, is something missing... Can only see what hero does, but it doesn't make sense, it seems you raise yourself from bigblind then bet flop and fold with no furher action from villain :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrRaab,

Preflop: Not sure if you can even raise it for value, I would instead just Call it.

As played
      Postflop: There ain't going to be many worse hands which pay you. I would rather check it behind and reevaluate the turn.

Best Regards.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      in a coaching thing two weeks ago on three betting in the blinds. He said to 3bet KJ+?
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrRaab
      in a coaching thing two weeks ago on three betting in the blinds. He said to 3bet KJ+?
      Did they mean three betting versus CO or BU though? Because you don't really want to play those hands against versus a button or CO raise OOP. With position on a SB raise you can just call and you are ahead of his range and have position on him. 3bet your junk BB vs SB and call the hands where you are likely ahead of his raising range
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrRaab
      Not really, it's not always a must to 3bet with them and it might be too strong hand to just turn it into bluff. Cause that's going to be the case when we do 3bet there, we have to fold to 4bet. And of course also making those mistakes as which happened postflop.