[NL20-NL50] NL50 AQo

• Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

CO ($104.15)
      Button ($61.85)
      Hero ($87.70)
      BB ($41.25)
      UTG ($76.05)
      MP ($53.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, Button calls $1, Hero raises to $5.5, BB calls $5, UTG folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($13) 4, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.5, BB calls $9.50.

Turn: ($32) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($32) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, BB folds.

Final Pot: $32

Villian 32/8/1.3
  • 8 replies
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Dont like the raise preflop actually, there is a big chance ur gonna get called here and then u have to play OOP there is also a chance u wil get re-raised.
      As played I would like a bet on the turn more then a bet on the river.
      if he has a small pair which is possible with his min-raise preflop he will fold to a second barrel, but could call u on the river after u checked the turn and the river didnt change anything.
      If he has a draw, it is actually a value bet.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      the preflop 3bet is good, you can't really fold AQo and you can't call either. betsizing looks good too eventhough I would probably make it like 6 or 6.50.
      @mintogo : AQo is a good hand, it shouldn't be a problem playing it postflop OOP, additionnaly in a 3bet pot 80BB deep position is almost worthless.

now on that flop I would probably check/raise allin because the guy looks like he is a calling station and your cbet just won't fold him (very opponent specific here). if he checks behind no big deal, you get your free turn, and you're probably ahead anyway.

the riverbet looks bad if you did it for anything else than value, because you're not folding any PP or any pair and you're giving him the opporunity to bluffraise you since your bet looks really weak.

@mintogo: 2nd barreling against that type of player is just spewing chip imo, he is never folding a small PP and its hard to put people on draws in 3bet pots so I don't think you should consider it a value bet.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Wow check-raising all-in on the flop, would be sad if he has a set and u go to showdown ace high. To risky play mate. Especially because he's a bit passive then his raise could should mean something.
      I don't say he has to 2nd barrel here, but if he wants to win it's better to 2nd barrel than to bet the river.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      we have a gutshot :D against the set and a player that passive will slowplay his set I think so there is a good chance he will check behind
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Nah I think its the other way around, a passive player will bet his big hands and call his medium hands.
      These kind of hands make me always tilt. Losing on a bluff with ace high. Bluffing this big u really have to have an accurate read.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Ok, first I have to say I think the bet on river is bad.

I don't know why I thought it but here we go..
      I tought he might had a pocket pair(I don't think now..) so I desided to bet river to pretend the T hit me and bet small as a "block-bluff-bet"( ^^^^!!!!1111). Worked this time, but I think check/fold is a better line.

But preflop I think is ok, could also raise to 6$. And flop is ok. Bet as if I had a big overpair.

What says the judges about my(imo bad) riverbet?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I dont like the reraise pf either.As mintogo pointed out, you will be playing OOP and there is a good chance of getting called.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf is fine against min-raise.
      You´re ahead against draw, so why need to bet 1/3 on the river. Hard to believe that word hand would call there and can´t see how any pair would fold after you checked the turn.
      I would c/f river.