This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Math question about a knockout tourney

• Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Hi!

Lets say that a certain play gives me -x% (eg -1%) $EqDiff in Wizard. But if i win a hand, i win a bounty that's y% (eg 2%) of the pricepool. Is it correct to assume that i have to win the hand x/y*100% of the times to BE (eg 1% loss is 50% from the 2% bounty)?
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, luupainaja!

To be completely honest, I am not sure how the calculation is done. Following the logic, if we have somebody/ies covered, we can take the bounty for their knock out, therefore we can loosen up our range. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure how to break down the math.

Maybe you can forward this question to one of our knockout players such as superuorme? ClickHe has a blog here in the english community. He also has a solid background playing these games and I think he can be more helpful than me in this area.

Cheers!
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      The usual way is to convert the bounty to an approximate # of chips and use that to adjust, e.g. bounty is 20% of buyin so approximately worth 300 chips (changes though based on stack distribution).

Off the top of my head I'd think you could add the term W * y to the diff% to modify for the bounty.