400nl I am his bitch

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Feel like I'm just getting pounded by this particular reg who 3bets alot when we get 200bb deep and then just bets big.

What should be our continuing range here ott and why?

€2/€4 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player1 (€508.40) 127bb
      CO pleno1 (€911.68) 228bb
      BTN Player3 (€1,213.91) 303bb
      SB Player4 (€401.40) 100bb
      BB Player5 (€142) 36bb

Pre-Flop: (€6, 5 players) pleno1 is CO :xc :xc
      1 fold, pleno1 raises to €12, Player3 raises to €40, 2 folds, pleno1 calls €28

Flop: 7 8 J (€86, 2 players)
      pleno1 checks, Player3 bets €58, pleno1 calls €58

Turn: 7 (€202, 2 players)
      pleno1 checks, Player3 bets €152
  • 7 replies
    • RAWFORCE
      RAWFORCE
      Bronze
      my general gameplan would involve bluffing off stacks until he shows he will call off with 1 pair. this flop especially i would call only very rarely. fold or start bluffing will turn out better for you and leave you in fewer ??? spots
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Ryan,

Yeh I think especially on this flop we can start turning our hand into a bluff with a lot of our range.

So basically you're advocating not have a c/c range on this texture and just either taking off or c/f?

Any run outs you prefer to give up on especially?
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      This needs some reads/stats/tendencies to be able to answer accurately.

I like Rawforces idea of not having a c/c range on this flop when deep. Just pile on pressure and keep our range uncapped.

OTT I think we have to fold a tonne as our range is going to be perceived as Jx at best most of the time and he can just stick the lot in and make us cry.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by CallumN
      This needs some reads/stats/tendencies to be able to answer accurately.

Yeah he plays totally different from 100bb to 200bb play so his stats will be super skewed, but at 200bbs he's really taking off and being aggro in position, whilst at 100bb he plays more cautiously.

I agree with having to fold the turn, but if we do have to fold and its such a clear spot then I think its pretty important we either always play the flop different, or we develop a calling range on turn/river.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      but at 200bbs he's really taking off and being aggro in position

Just leave the table. Easiest solution? Unless there is a sick mark at the table

I do think that having a very low c/c range on the flop and just start turning everything into a bluff straight away is pretty funky. Basically merging on the flop with hands like JTs etc
    • thejuggernaut
      thejuggernaut
      Bronze
      I like Raw's plan after flatting, combined with punishing what is likely a "bad" 3betting range IP by 4betting small (relative to stack depth) with a value heavy range looking to induce flats/forcing him to be more accountable for his 3betting range in general.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I like the idea of bloating the pot asap. In general it's the only way how to fight these guys who 3bet every hand IP deep IMO. When we start playing smaller pots, they almost always will get some opportunity to profitably bet ATC. I usually call their 3bets and c/r flop with intention to barrel for stacks or just 4bet pre and do the same.