This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q9S NL10 Zoom FR

• DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($10.40)
      Hero (SB) ($10.94)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.50)
      UTG+1 ($27)
      MP1 ($4.01)
      MP2 ($11.45)
      MP3 ($5.10)
      CO ($11.77)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 9
      UTG bets $0.20, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.50) J, J, 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.90) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.90) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.60 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.90 | Rake: $0.09

I called preflop since UTG had extremly laggy stats (40/35 with almost 100% 3bet, though sample size was only 45 hands, I felt that it was a good indication).
      Since I was OP I thought it was OK to call behind on Flop and Turn, and I was planning to do the same on the river, but his push made me fold.

Any lessons to be learned here?
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Given the bet size, fold is totally fine in my (fishy) opinion. I wanna see what a judge says on this hand, its an interesting one.

I think on the turn drawing to not even the nut flush on a double paired board is pretty questionable, even with his LAG behaviour.

I like the flop call, but I think maybe even pulling out the rare move of donkbetting the turn for about 2/3 pot, might be an interesting play to see how he reacts (cos with stats like that he probably has nothing) and you can get more info than just check/calling while still putting the same amount in the pot. Or check/folding turn is also legitimate.

Its unfortunate he bet so big, but he must have felt it was a value bet, would be insane to overbet bluff like that, seems more like he has a J and is hoping for you to have a 10, flush or straight for max value, anything else is folding anyway, so the shove is actually a very good move here (unless he didn't have it and then its a terribly over-expensive bluff)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DucksEatFish,

Why would you Call the turn where you quite obviously don't even have the implied odds. :D Most likely even reversed ones while the guy could easily just trap you.

Best Regards.