[NL2-NL10] Q9S NL10 Zoom FR

• DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($10.40)
      Hero (SB) ($10.94)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.50)
      UTG+1 ($27)
      MP1 ($4.01)
      MP2 ($11.45)
      MP3 ($5.10)
      CO ($11.77)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 9
      UTG bets $0.20, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.50) J, J, 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.90) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.90) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.60 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.90 | Rake: $0.09

I called preflop since UTG had extremly laggy stats (40/35 with almost 100% 3bet, though sample size was only 45 hands, I felt that it was a good indication).
      Since I was OP I thought it was OK to call behind on Flop and Turn, and I was planning to do the same on the river, but his push made me fold.

Any lessons to be learned here?
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Given the bet size, fold is totally fine in my (fishy) opinion. I wanna see what a judge says on this hand, its an interesting one.

I think on the turn drawing to not even the nut flush on a double paired board is pretty questionable, even with his LAG behaviour.

I like the flop call, but I think maybe even pulling out the rare move of donkbetting the turn for about 2/3 pot, might be an interesting play to see how he reacts (cos with stats like that he probably has nothing) and you can get more info than just check/calling while still putting the same amount in the pot. Or check/folding turn is also legitimate.

Its unfortunate he bet so big, but he must have felt it was a value bet, would be insane to overbet bluff like that, seems more like he has a J and is hoping for you to have a 10, flush or straight for max value, anything else is folding anyway, so the shove is actually a very good move here (unless he didn't have it and then its a terribly over-expensive bluff)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DucksEatFish,

Why would you Call the turn where you quite obviously don't even have the implied odds. :D Most likely even reversed ones while the guy could easily just trap you.

Best Regards.