savage bad beat

• terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      i just got 2 raw bad beats, maybe i tried tilting but i had fuckin good cards. had pocket jacks, got raised all in by a very loose player who i had just doubled off so i called him and reraised it all in, 2 players behind me, one calls..... pocket queens. then on the other table i was playing maybe was a little angry, just got beaten by a mug on the table who had a10, which beat my a9, knew he had nothing. next hand comes down and the guy raises 20c dealer position, im little blind with KA suited. everyone had folded round so i presumedblind steal. so being angry raised him all in and he called.... pocket aces and obviously i hit absolutely nothing like all day. all the effort to build it up just to get done by lets be honest a lucky retard who probably doesnt even no how to play poker. thats what winds me up, if he was a good player then fair play, but hes just a lucky mug!!!
  • 9 replies
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      how can you go all-in with JJ in that situation ESPECIALY at low limit.
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      Dude,

In every hand u played, your opponent had a hand that dominated yours. You were suppose to lose there. Hence, they're not bad beats.

Anyway, just follow the articles and stop going all-in preflop. Don't give in to your emotions and you will get better. :)
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      i went all in because the guy who re-raised was playng really loosely, calling with silly hands and pretty much fishing, the mistake was re-raising, i should have just called his all in, i have been readin the articles and yes the KA s was my own fault, i need to stop playing with my emotions and jus start playing the percentages, i still have a lot to learn, maybe i should join the coaching session on titan tonight to see how to properly play 6-handed tables, or maybe should i just move to the full ring games.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by terrygilham
      should just move to the full ring games.
      this
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      ok i moved onto the full ring and even though i got beaten when i had qq by 99, and got several unlucky hands i still ended leaving a dollar up, which is better then nothing when uve had a savagely unlucy day, im gona stick with full ring i think for now on, its easier cos u dont have to worry about blinds really, just gotta look out for lucky idiots which there seems to be plenty of today.
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Just because a dude is playing loose it doesnt mean that when he Raise/Reraise he is bluffing you.

They actually play loose to have you think that about them.
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      i read the first guy right though, i didnt even think about the player who called my re-raise, just had a lapse, presumed the rest of the table would fold round.
    • LCBurrows
      LCBurrows
      Bronze
      it is a bad beat if make that play with KK and AA calls behind, you have to make it and have no reason to suspect AA on the BB for example, happened to me the other day. people might disagree but it is unlucky. with JJ i think you should just fold at best your gonna be 50/50 with about even odds at worst you are 80/20 dog. JJ is just a weak hand if it was on a sub jack flop then sure its great but preflop, not so good.
    • HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      See some flops mate. No seriously, there is no reason to move all in preflop in a cash game if you can help it. And when you do get pushed all in only do it with AA/KK. Nothing else. Not QQ and certainly not JJ and never ever AK/AQ/AJ. Raise those big hands if there is no action before you and see the flop. You will win more often this way than pushing all in with every hand that you like.