$2.25
      UTG2:
      $2.10
      MP1:
      $1.86
      MP2:
      $2.07

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 2, 4, 8 (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BB folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, BU calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.26) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

River: ($0.66) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.47, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.66.

Somehow, there is nothing much to say. On the other hand, this is the hand i must extract most the value if I wanna be EV+. Do you think my line is optimal?

preflop: standart set value

flop: I flop top set. I bet to build the pot, don't give free card. If I'm raised, I stack off. If Villain shoves, I guess I'll have to call without any motivation.

turn: Once again, I protect, make value on strong draws. I bet so strong to take advantage of the loose nature of certain fishes and don't show weakness. I'll have a hard time calling a shove at that point. I may do it though since I'm kinda committed for a set.

river: flop the almost nuts. Decide to bet strongly. Villain is gonna call me with any flush or a set of K, could raise me with weaker FH or with the nut flush.

Any comments?
  • 2 replies
    • Friedric
      Friedric
      Bronze
      one comment, well played :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Preflop: With 88 you could easily even raise for value but it ain't a must if you ain't secure in your game.

As played
      Postflop: Could easily even go for bigger bets but it ain't a must. Might even sometimes on the river just Check/Shove cause we at least this way get value from missed FD. If he has a hand he is willing to Bet very often.

Best Regards.