This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

a simple question about SHC

• winningbin
      winningbin
      Bronze
      Hello, I'm very new. I'm now with Starting Hand Chart (SHC) of Fix Limit, I have a question:

For example:

a table with 9 players, that means there are only 2 Early Positions, is this right ?

if yes, for example:

I'm at 2nd Early Position with Strong Hand: JJ, the 1st Early Position guy raises, then what should I do ? I guess I should check the row: "One player raises, all opponents fold" and the column "Early Pos." to get the answer: Fold ???

Because there are only 2 Early Positions for him and me, so of course there is not any opponent between him and me, so can I understand that this is the case of : "One player raises, all opponents fold" ?

Thank you !
  • 3 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      a table with 9 players, that means there are only 2 Early Positions, is this right ?

correct

I'm at 2nd Early Position with Strong Hand: JJ, the 1st Early Position guy raises, then what should I do ? I guess I should check the row: "One player raises, all opponents fold" and the column "Early Pos." to get the answer: Fold ???

correct. i mean i don't think it's right to fold jacks in that situation, but the charts do say that :)
    • winningbin
      winningbin
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your answer, yes I think it's worth to play with that JJ, but the charts do say that, :( so this makes me confused.

Should I follow the charts or should I do difference, a Call may be a logic option ? really confused ! ?(

Originally posted by redskwerl

correct

correct. i mean i don't think it's right to fold jacks in that situation, but the charts do say that :)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      i dont want to confuse you too much :)
      in general, the basic charts advocate very tight play. the idea is to help inexperienced players aviod getting into marginal/difficult situations.

i'd still recommend 3betting (NOT calling) at least JJ, TT and AQs in that situation, and perhaps fold the rest (99, AQo, AJs) like the charts suggest.