a simple question about SHC

• winningbin
      winningbin
      Bronze
      Hello, I'm very new. I'm now with Starting Hand Chart (SHC) of Fix Limit, I have a question:

For example:

a table with 9 players, that means there are only 2 Early Positions, is this right ?

if yes, for example:

I'm at 2nd Early Position with Strong Hand: JJ, the 1st Early Position guy raises, then what should I do ? I guess I should check the row: "One player raises, all opponents fold" and the column "Early Pos." to get the answer: Fold ???

Because there are only 2 Early Positions for him and me, so of course there is not any opponent between him and me, so can I understand that this is the case of : "One player raises, all opponents fold" ?

Thank you !
  • 3 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      a table with 9 players, that means there are only 2 Early Positions, is this right ?

correct

I'm at 2nd Early Position with Strong Hand: JJ, the 1st Early Position guy raises, then what should I do ? I guess I should check the row: "One player raises, all opponents fold" and the column "Early Pos." to get the answer: Fold ???

correct. i mean i don't think it's right to fold jacks in that situation, but the charts do say that :)
    • winningbin
      winningbin
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your answer, yes I think it's worth to play with that JJ, but the charts do say that, :( so this makes me confused.

Should I follow the charts or should I do difference, a Call may be a logic option ? really confused ! ?(

Originally posted by redskwerl

correct

correct. i mean i don't think it's right to fold jacks in that situation, but the charts do say that :)
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      i dont want to confuse you too much :)
      in general, the basic charts advocate very tight play. the idea is to help inexperienced players aviod getting into marginal/difficult situations.

i'd still recommend 3betting (NOT calling) at least JJ, TT and AQs in that situation, and perhaps fold the rest (99, AQo, AJs) like the charts suggest.